Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Calibre not compatible with firmware 1.8.1

Hi

If you update the Kobo with the firmware using the desktop it will be incompatible with Calibre. I will be working on an update for inclusion in the next Calibre release.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi

If you update the Kobo with the firmware using the desktop it will be incompatible with Calibre. I will be working on an update for inclusion in the next Calibre release.

Tim
Are there additional compatibility issues to the one we discussed last night?
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Same issue.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:40 AM   #4
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Same issue.
Hi Tim,

I have updated to 1.8.2 and I haven't struck and problems with Calibre (yet).

I stripped the DRM, removed the page-template.xpgt file with Winzip as usual, converted to no margins and full justification , then uploaded it to my Kobo Mk1.

Is the issue with another part of Calibre???

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - WA - where is is raining beautifully for the first time in many months!
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 AM   #5
timlegge
Addict

The issue shows itself with the original sqlite based books. Basically they do not appear

Tim
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #6
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
On two of my new updates I have sideloaded with calibre and all seems well the preloaded books and the various view options (my books,all books etc0 work as they should
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Timlegge, any update on when this fix will be available?. I use calibre for all my books and only have 20 pages of my last library book left to read! I'd like to load all my calibre books so I can get stuck into them. Somewhere I read that updates happen on a Friday - do you think it might be today?

If it's some time off I might blitz the library and do some more borrowing.

Thanks
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
In my experience, the updates the updates are on Friday. Tim had a new plugin for testing yesterday evening.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Looks like it's here. I am installing now.

thanks Tim
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote