Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Free ebook from Random House Australia

Random House Australia are currently offering Ghost Child by Caroline Overington as a free download. Its selling for AU$22 at Borders Au so its a good bargain
You need to subscribe to their newsletter to get download link. Goto www.randomhouse.com.au I subscribed a while ago and they only send about one email a month. If you are already subscribed the link is in the newsletter. Not sure if it is geo-restricted to AU/NZ.

Here's a summary taken from Amazon.

In 1982 Victorian police were called to a home on a housing estate an hour west of Melbourne. There, they found a five-year-old boy lying on the carpet. There were no obvious signs of trauma, but the child, Jacob, died the next day.The story made the headlines and hundreds attended the funeral. Few people were surprised when the boy's mother and her boyfriend went to prison for the crime. Police declared themselves satisfied with the result, saying there was no doubt that justice had been done. And yet, for years rumours swept the estate and clung like cobwebs to the long-vacant house: there had been a cover-up. The real perpetrator, at least according to local gossip, was the boy's six-year-old sister, Lauren...Twenty years on, Lauren has created a new life for herself, but details of Jacob's death being to resurface and the story again makes the newspapers. As Lauren struggles with the ghosts of her childhood, it seems only a matter of time before the past catches up with her.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Does not work for US.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #3
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Terms and conditions as well:

Quote:
Offer valid from 1 October 2010 at 9:00 AEST through to 15 October 2010 at 17:00 AEST. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for 100% off 1 eBook purchase(s) of GHOST CHILD by Caroline Overington ISBN 9781864714562. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
Anyway, thanks for this. Just downloaded it through Kobo (which is where the Random House website redirects to after validation email). EPUB.

Last edited by viviena; 10-06-2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: fix
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
Lynk
Lynk began at the beginning.

Device: sony 650
Thanks - there didn't seem a way to get it without entering CC details
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I signed up for the newsletter, but didn't get the email(you need the linky for the free book) yet! Musta done sommat rong.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 01:50 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thanks... Got the book.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Thanks... Got the book.
How did you manage that? I have signed up twice and still no email. How long does it take to arrive?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:44 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
How did you manage that? I have signed up twice and still no email. How long does it take to arrive?
I got the email and signed up for the newsletter within seconds. But I didn't buy the book because they wanted my visa card number etc - for a free book

While I was there I saw an add for Guantanamo, My Story, by David Hicks, which will be published soon in Hardcover and ePub. But they want $49.99 for both. They must be out of their minds.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:33 AM   #9
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
not in the UK either!
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:00 AM   #10
Lynk
Lynk began at the beginning.

Device: sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
The email came through straight away - have you checked your spam folders?
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
The email came through straight away - have you checked your spam folders?
yes indeedy do dah day. I use a mailwasher. Nothing.
I give up now after a whole day. It ain't gonna come. I don't fancy giving them my credit card number anyway.

Never Mind. There's plenty of other books out there.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #12
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Yay for free ebook - boo to requiring CC details. (I hope this doesn't mean Australian enovels end up georestricted so people in the UK & US can't read them!)

Last edited by AprilHare; 10-07-2010 at 06:09 AM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #13
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Their website is a mess. Tom Keneally's new ebook, Three Famines, is supposedly available, but their link to purchasing the epub leads elsewhere.
A little digging around finally sets me straight - $38.68 for it! - A little steep..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Yay for free ebook - boo to requiring CC details. (I hope this doesn't mean Australian enovels end up georestricted so people in the UK & US can't read them!)
Actually, it is. Random House doesn't much care on their site (and they used to let anyone download directly), but Kobo has both IP and address restrictions for Australia for the title. I've seen the same with Borders.AU
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #15
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Actually, it is. Random House doesn't much care on their site (and they used to let anyone download directly), but Kobo has both IP and address restrictions for Australia for the title. I've seen the same with Borders.AU
well, that stinks!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote