Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I visited Stanza site today and I have seen that there is a PC version. Do your suggestion work for the PC as well, or do you really need a iPod Touch / iPhone ?
The iPhone or iPod Touch does not use Stanza to access the Kindle store at Amazon. Amazon provides their own application for the devices and it must be used to register the device to your Amazon account and then to download books. You can purchase Kindle books via the device or a browser once you have at least one device connected.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #17
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
The iPhone or iPod Touch does not use Stanza to access the Kindle store at Amazon. Amazon provides their own application for the devices and it must be used to register the device to your Amazon account and then to download books. You can purchase Kindle books via the device or a browser once you have at least one device connected.
Got it. Sigh.....
Thanks.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
You do not need to have the iTouch connected to buy a "Kindle" book - you can buy it from the PC and then when you open the Kindle app on the Touch - assuming the Touch connected to the net - it downloads the book automatically.

Then it's up to you - you can move the file to the pc from the Touch in a way or another, use the usual to play with it...

More and more new ebooks from the Kindle store are priced above 9.99 so I think that the "subsidization" era is over - if such "subsidization" was ever true which who knows since I would not trust Amazon on anything they claim unless it's in a SEC filing that leaves open to lawsuits for misleading statements -
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #19
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
More and more new ebooks from the Kindle store are priced above 9.99 so I think that the "subsidization" era is over - if such "subsidization" was ever true which who knows since I would not trust Amazon on anything they claim unless it's in a SEC filing that leaves open to lawsuits for misleading statements -
I know people are saying more books are over $9.99 but I'm not finding that. Aside from some new books that start higher and drop after about a week, I'm still buying new releases at $9.99 and other books for less. The most I've spent was $39.99 for the 12 book Frommer's City Set (which I returned because the maps are still too small to read).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote