Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #46
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
LOL Wouldn't that be irony. I just dropped Sprint for AT&T.
Sprint is used as the wireless network for the Kindle. I doubt the Cell phone software it would matter... as long as the phone could connect to m.amazon.com it should be able to work. You will also due to this have to pay for you data usage to browse the bookstore and d/l books.

Just like you can shop at amazon no matter what internet provider you use.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #47
TheMooch
Member Retired
TheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 Sony eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sprint is used as the wireless network for the Kindle. I doubt the Cell phone software it would matter... as long as the phone could connect to m.amazon.com it should be able to work. You will also due to this have to pay for you data usage to browse the bookstore and d/l books.

BOb
I know. I guess my comment was more of a joke to me than anyone else. (I got a hell of a giggle out of it)

Either way, I REALLY hope they roll out the app soon for the iPhone. I'm dying to try it out. I'm already finding that the average Kindle book is $0.80 cheaper than the Sony Connect books and there a better selection available on Kindle.
TheMooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #48
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I would imagine, that since they have Sprint as their primary 3G network, that the Treos will also be supported.
Well, my Treos and Centros have Verizon EVDO
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #49
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Well, my Treos and Centros have Verizon EVDO
I guess you're hosed, then, eh?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #50
pippin65
Enthusiast
pippin65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I will never read on a cellphone (pippin 65 states with his hand over his heart)
pippin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #51
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I smell a Kindle Phone on the horizon
I don't know if this true or not, but my current Kindle is too big to slip into my pocket. If I could carry it in my pocket and it doubled as a phone and MP3 player then I'd carry everywhere. I'd probably prefer a Kindle Phone to an iPhone, but I think I'm in a small minority in that regard. I doubt most people would want to give up the color screen on their phones.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #52
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
True but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Sprint some love since they're partners and made sure they supported Sprint's smartphones.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote