Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #91
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepinto View Post
I donot understand wich type of custom column I have to create. Could someone specify instructions, please?
The first post has a User guide with specific instructions.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #92
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The first post has a User guide with specific instructions.
Actually not at the time. Now updated, custom column should be of type "Text, column shown in the tag browser".
SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #93
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauliusP. View Post
Actually not at the time. Now updated, custom column should be of type "Text, column shown in the tag browser".

You certainly are quick. I reviewed that section before I posted that it was there and that was less then 20 minutes after the user posted.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #94
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You certainly are quick.
Coincidence.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #95
josepinto
Connoisseur
josepinto began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5320
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauliusP. View Post
Thank you.

Works as advertized.

José Pinto
josepinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #96
TikiGawd
Cogito ergo non ovis.
TikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepinto View Post
Could someone specify instructions, please?

José Pinto
Here's what I did.

First, under Hyphenate This! settings:

Then under "Add your own column" in "Change calibre behavior", click "Add custom column" at the bottom and use the following rules:

You'll then need to restart calibre.

From then on, newly hyphenated books will have a green check mark in the new Hyphens column.

If you already have some books hyphenated; select those books, open the metadata editor, click the "custom metadata" tab and in the "Hyphens" list box, select 'yes'.

Last edited by TikiGawd; 04-17-2013 at 12:40 AM.
TikiGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #97
TikiGawd
Cogito ergo non ovis.
TikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enoughTikiGawd will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch
Ok, so I'm slow as hell. LOL!
TikiGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #98
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
A minor glitch. There should be a character coding problem for "Hyphenated" and "Hyphen removed" value fields. If I put "Sě" (which is the italian word for "yes") garble is displayed instead of the accented "i".
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #99
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
If I put "Sě" (which is the italian word for "yes") garble is displayed instead of the accented "i".
Thank you, will check it out.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #100
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Just an idea for an enhencement.

It's very good to have a list of tags to skip when parsing, but maybe the chance of specifying specific CSS classes to ignore would give even more flexibility.

Code:
<p class="verybigtitle center donthyphenate blabla">This is a very big title</p>
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #101
matteo65
matteo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Paperwhite
The plug-in is great, there is only a minor problem with the Hungarian hyphenation:

After the hyphenation of an EPUB or AZW3 these special duplicated letters changed in a strange way. Some examples:
"valamennyit" converted to "valamenynyt",
"valamennyi" -> "valamenyny"
"előnnnyel" -> "előnynyl"
"annyiféle" -> "anynyféle"
"könnyedség" -> "könynydség"
"rosszabb" -> "roszzabb"
"hosszú" -> "hoszzú"
"össze" -> "öszze"
"messze" -> "meszze"

As you see not only letters are changed, but sometimes a letter is missing from the word. At least there is 1-2 mistakes in every page in an average book on my Kindle 3.
I tried different Hungarian hyphenation library versions, but same result.

Is there a way to ignore these problematic letters in the hyphenation plug-in?
Words which include these special letters (ccs, ggy, lly, nny, ssz, tty, zzs) will not be hyphenated at all? (Maybe a custom editable exception list of the problematic letters or words for every hyphenation library is the best way to go?)

Last edited by matteo65; 05-10-2013 at 05:42 AM.
matteo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #102
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo65 View Post
As you see not only letters are changed, but sometimes a letter is missing from the word. At least there is 1-2 mistakes in every page in an average book on my Kindle 3.
I tried different Hungarian hyphenation library versions, but same result.
That is something really strange indeed. I will try that out myself.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #103
matteo65
matteo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Paperwhite
When I select "Remove Soft Hyphens" from the menu it will not restore the original text, just remove the added soft hyphens. The text with the scrambled characters remains the same.

If you need some Hungarian books for testing send me a message!

Thanks.

Last edited by matteo65; 05-10-2013 at 09:49 AM.
matteo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #104
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Hyphenate & Recipes

Hi,

what would it take to make this plugin work with recipes?

Currently, if I hyphenate a recipe file (mobi-->awz3) it will not display anymore, possibly because of internal structures are being destroyed.

It would be really helpful, if it could support recipe donwloads.

Thanxx, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #105
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Hello.

Regarding Hungarian text I will search something and use highlighted words, not a problem. If that does not work, I'll ask for some book.

Restoring removes only hyphens. So, unfortunately, corrupted words will be left corrupted. I do not know, what's wrong: is it dictionary, or open source hyphenator I use. Probably the latter.

As for recipes, please send me some compiled AZW3 recipe, I'd like to see it.

Sorry, guys, currently I'm busy with real life, so don't expect plugin's update very soon, maybe in a week or two, or so. That's a curse of open source.

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hyphenation