Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #61
nevergreen
nevergreen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Follow the instructions in this thread. BTW, You would have found that thread on your own if you went to the "Master Index" sticky thread, selected "K4", and looked under "Hacks". Or if you simply searched the forum for "screensaver".

This is just a friendly reminder that you are expected to invest at least some minimal effort before asking others to solve your problem for you.
i'm new on this forum but not in the web community, i know how to search, thank you pointing me for it, but for my excuse, there is many threads on many forums and also many youtube tutorials which i tried till i decided to write here because non it worked for me.

the first and major tipp&help; i get it from twobob which it was: I need a free kindle, not the SO version (which i already solved)

secondly, your post which redirect me for a "working" thread which i'll try a bit later and will see if i manage to do all these.

with all your criticize; thank you, after all you helped me a lot more in 5 min like i could get in 2 weeks from when i started to "unlock" my Kindle.
nevergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #62
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergreen View Post
with all your criticize; thank you, after all you helped me a lot more in 5 min like i could get in 2 weeks from when i started to "unlock" my Kindle.
The members here are standard issue humans - -
Sometimes any of us can be a bit grumpy.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #63
nevergreen
nevergreen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.0
thank you, followed your advises and all working smooth and have my own custom screens.
nevergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #64
sharky1000
sharky1000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorry, wont work on my new Kindle

I got my kindle 4 today, with FW 4.1.0.

I tried to jailbreak it and all works fine till step 4.

If you're running FW 4.1.0:
1) Plug in the Kindle and copy "data.tar.gz", "ENABLE_DIAGS" and "diagnostic_logs" to the Kindle's USB drive's root
2) Safely remove the USB cable and restart the Kindle (Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Restart)
3) Once the device restarts into diagnostics mode, select "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags" (using the 5-way keypad)
4) Select "R) Reboot System" and "Q) To continue"

After selecting Q I've waited about 3 mins, but nothing happend.

Dont knew is it normal that the text is exactly:
Q> To continue - FW LEFT

If I boot manually by pushing the power Button 20 secs, I get a screen which says somehting like kindle is freed, but after that I'm back in the diagnostics menue and if I enter Menue D the same happens as before.

Not sure if it's importend, but my kindle made a FW-Update today before I've tried to jailbreak it.
sharky1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #65
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Please state what you expect to happen.

Your Operating system

How you configured your usb0 IP address on the PC side.

The cables you have connected and when.
I read the docs

All important details.

Last edited by twobob; 02-01-2013 at 01:44 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #66
sharky1000

Thanks for your fast reply.

My OS is iMAC Mountain Lion.
My iMac sees the Kindle, it it's in USB-Mode nice in the Finder (=Mac Explorer).
I used the original-cables.

Connected them before first reboot to copy the needed files, but can still connect, If I use Menue U in the TEQUILA - System Diags 1.0.6.194 on my Kindle.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #67
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

meh. I should do read those docs...

Okay I did. looks like you are just attempting to reboot?????

So you are selecting. LEFT on the 5 way? I did this a couple of times on the 4. you have to push LEFT to choose it.

Last edited by twobob; 02-01-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #68
sharky1000

I've gaven my kindle an network-IP connection in my WLAN before the JB.

No Idea, how to give it an IP during Jailbreak.

Just gone now in the Diat Menue U) USB device mode, made step 1.

After this I had to reset my device with the power-Button, because it unfortunaly wont reboot with menue D), R), Q).

This is where I stuck. - I think, my only problem is that my kindle wont reboot normaly on the last menue-selection
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #69
twobob

As I have said I thought you were attempting to do something else.

So you are selecting. LEFT on the 5 way? I did this a couple of times on the 4. you have to push LEFT to choose it. you are doing that?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #70
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@dsmid: Thanks!

I'll review & merge this later tonight . (Probably just wrapping it inside a 'check if we're in diags' test, just to be on the safe side).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #71
sharky1000

Before I missunderstood something. - The USB Connection is only needed to copy the files on the Kindle - Right?

Because after this I have to deplug my Kindle. - In the readme of the JB is no hint of repluging the USB during the JB. - Did I miss somehting?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #72
sharky1000

Ah yeah, thanks a ton. - Got it.

I missunderstood "FW - LEFT" thought it means no Firmware. - The 5-Button to left was ment.. bonk, bonk... thanks :-)

Now I've got the wanted JB-Book ;-)
Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #73
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky1000 View Post
Before I missunderstood something. - The USB Connection is only needed to copy the files on the Kindle - Right?

Because after this I have to deplug my Kindle. - In the readme of the JB is no hint of repluging the USB during the JB. - Did I miss somehting?
As I have said I thought you were attempting to do something else.

So you are selecting. LEFT on the 5 way? I did this a couple of times on the 4. you have to push LEFT to choose it. you are doing that?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #74
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky1000 View Post
Ah yeah, thanks a ton. - Got it.

I missunderstood "FW - LEFT" thought it means no Firmware. - The 5-Button to left was ment.. bonk, bonk... thanks :-)

Now I've got the wanted JB-Book ;-)
phew

Sorry for the blind alley for a second there. Brain fart.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #75
sharky1000

Hehe,

no problem, you made my day

Tags
jailbreak, k4nt