Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #61
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
The idea behind librerator is brilliant. I am using it to access my mobi books per folder, not per collection. I am moving the books in .../books not .../documents, and using kite to run Librerator.

I have found librerator creates the cr3cache folder. What is the reasoning behind this folder? I mean: the space on kindle is premium; I would delete the contents of cr3cache quite often. Is it ok? As well, are there some options for configuring this cache?

Thank you.
cr3cache is generated by crengine component. CREngine needs it to function properly. It allows it to open epub/mobi/fb2 files a lot faster on the subsequent openings. You can delete it any time you like, but it will be regenerated next time you open the book. If there's no entry for that book in cr3cache, it will take a lot longer to load.

Sometimes, cr3cache gets corrupted, and as a result, you won't be able to open certain epub/fb2/mobi book. I don't know why this happens, it's probably some bug in crengine. Then you will have to manually delete either the cr3cache entry for the specific book or cr3cache folder altogether to fix it.

Caching and such high level operations are a black box to me. Don't expect me to fiddle with them .

Edit:
Oh, and you probably know this, but just in case: you can make Librerator open any folder you like by modifying the file that goes in kite folder. If you want it to open books instead of documents, the file contents should be like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/us/librerator/librerator.sh /mnt/us/books
Launchpad users can achieve the same by modifying librerator.ini file that goes to launchpad folder.

Regards,
Kai771

Last edited by Kai771; 01-11-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #62
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Close book closes Librerator if Librerator is started with opening last document
(no matter if you use Kite, Launchpad or SSH).

Edit: The following is fixed in Librerator R2, and therefore obsolete.
Spoiler:
I took another look and discovered that this one is not caused by incompatibility of Kite and Librerator. It is a feature inherited from KPV. Looking at the code, I'd say it's intentional. I don't know if it's worth fixing... personally, I don't use opening last document on Librerator start, and I doubt many people would... so, if you really want Librerator to open last file on start, have both Librerator and Librerator - last file if you're using Kite. If you're using Launchpad, use Shift-L-F for last file, and Shift-L-L for FileChooser (both of this only if you enabled opening last file feature using this patch).

Last edited by Kai771; 01-16-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #63
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
I don't know if it's worth fixing...
If it isn't much work I'd go for it, for completeness
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #64
Kai771
Just a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
If it isn't much work I'd go for it, for completeness
Ok, fixed. Fix here.
Edit: The above is fixed in Librerator R2.

Last edited by Kai771; 01-18-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #65
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
Ok, fixed. Fix here.
It works smoothly, thanks again.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #66
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Table of contents for mobi books

Does the table of contents of mobi books work as it should?

I ask, because I have noticed that for the few cases of books with table of contents, librerator does not read the table of contents. I prepared the books with doc->html->calibre, and both the Kindle and Kindle Previewer access the table of contents correctly. My question is whether I am doing something wrong.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #67
feelslike
feelslike began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 black
I got a new problem here, as I said early , I installed it successfully with jailbreak through kite . Yesterday I tried the fonthack , when the fonts are settled already, I found the libreartor just become a empty pdf , I can't start it by the pdf file , then I tried installing the kite again , copy the libreartor files to flash boot again , it still not working , I don't know what to do
feelslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #68
Kai771
Just a Noob

@hfpop
It seems that crengine doesn't handle ToC on mobi files. The one mobi that I happened to have on my Kindle (I think I also created it through Caliber), that shows ToC in Amazon reader, doesn't do so neither in Librerator nor in Cool Reader 3. Unfortunatelly, even when you get to the ToC (not pressing T, but using page turn buttons), it's not recognized as links, so you can't even use that as a workaround . I don't know if this is an issue with only mobi created with Caliber, or it won't work on all mobi. Anyway, nothing I can do. It needs to be fixed in crengine. You can try converting them to epub, and see if you have better luck there.

@feelslike
I'm sorry, I neither have K4NT nor I use Kite. Maybe some other user can help you, or you can try to find the answer in Kite thread.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #69
feelslike
feelslike began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 black
@Kai771

Looks like the reason was the ";debugon" when I try to set location to zh-cn
I'll try again with the debug off model
thx for the reply , I'll let you know the result .
feelslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #70
Kai771
Just a Noob

Librerator R2 released

Although I said I was planing for the next release to be some time in April, a major bug with handling opening of crereader documents (inhereted from KPV and then made worse by me) made me reconsider. Dave2008 fixed that bug, and I took the opportunity to fix most of the known less important bugs and introduce a couple of new features. Because of the high performance gains, upgrade is highly recomended. More details and download link in the first post of this thread, or on Librerator wiki.

I hope someone finds it useful.

Regards,
Kai771
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #71
NameNot
NameNot began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
I have installed the Duokan and cr3runner. Do I need to remove them to install Librerator? How to do it?

I have K4NT.

P.S Sorry for my bad English

Last edited by NameNot; 01-16-2013 at 10:07 AM.
NameNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #72
Kai771
Just a Noob

@NameNot

You don't have to remove neither Duokan nor cr3runner. There were some problems when cr3runner was used to start Librerator, but if you don't use it in such a way, there is no reason to remove it.

You need to use Kite to start Librerator on K4NT, and now it is easy to install it thanks to lovexiuxiu who posted the update install package for K4NT. The only reason I was suggesting the use of cr3runner at first is because this was not available at that time.

Regards,
Kai771
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #73
NameNot
NameNot began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Thanks, it works
NameNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #74
jsfaint
jsfaint began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4 Black
Newbee here
Thanks for your great work on librerator.

I have a question about Librerator R2
When I open epub file in librerator, the Chinese character will become "??", then I change font to "Droid Sans Fallback", it's OK.
I try to modify "DCREREADER_DEFAULT_FONT" in defaults.lua, but it looks not work.
In librerator R1, it's good by default.

Any one else meet this issue too?

Sorry for my poor English, I'm not native.
jsfaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 AM   #75
Kai771
Just a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfaint View Post
I have a question about Librerator R2
When I open epub file in librerator, the Chinese character will become "??", then I change font to "Droid Sans Fallback", it's OK.
I try to modify "DCREREADER_DEFAULT_FONT" in defaults.lua, but it looks not work.
In librerator R1, it's good by default.
Yeah, I changed default font to "Droid Sans" in R2, it was "Droid Sans Fallback" in R1. The reason I did this is because epubs I tested opened faster when opened for the first time with "Droid Sans" than with "Droid Sans Fallback". I also thought that not many people would need to use "Droid Sans Fallback", and that if they do, it can easily be changed .

Now, explanation how font selection works :

If you freshly installed Librerator, the value from DCREREADER_DEFAULT_FONT will be used when you first open the book. When you close that book, the font used will be saved with configuration specific to this book (files in history folder). So, if you changed the font using Menu/Settings/Fonts, that font will be saved for that book. If not, value from DCREREADER_DEFAULT_FONT at that moment will be saved as the font used for that book. That's why if you now change the value of DCREREADER_DEFAULT_FONT it won't have the effect on this book, because the value saved with the book config will have priority. Value from DCREREADER_DEFAULT_FONT wll be used only for new, previously unopened books.

So far, so good. Here's a catch: if you use option Menu/Settings/Fonts/Set current settings as defaults, the values that are currently used will be used as default in the future, for books that you never opened before. This will have priority over the value in DCREREADER_DEFAULT_FONT.

I hope this explanation makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it better .

If it's simpler for you, you can do this:
- delete the contents of history folder
- delete the contents of cr3cache folder
- delete settings.reader.lua file from librerator folder
- edit defaults.lua to look like this:
Code:
DCREREADER_DEFAULT_FONT = "Droid Sans Fallback"
DCREREADER_PAGE_HEADER_FONT = "Droid Sans Fallback"
Now it should be just like R1.

Another way to do this is to open any book, set font using Menu/Settings/Fonts, and then Menu/Settings/Fonts/Set current settings as default. This will work only on the books you never opened before, so you'd have to manually change font on every book you opened before you did this. (or, you can delete contents of history folder)

I hope this helps.

Quote:
Sorry for my poor English, I'm not native.
Don't worry about your English, it's perfectly fine. I'm not a native either. :P

Regards,
Kai771

Last edited by Kai771; 01-17-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader