Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
RobertCook
21st Century Warrior
RobertCook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello,

I recently published my first novel, action-adventure/military. I am ex-military born into a military family. At about age 10 I started reading all military, fiction and non-fiction. I occasionally read Mad Magazine and other comics. I read a lot and always had a book going. Always military. There wasn't anything else worth reading, I thought. Somewhere around age 14 for Christmas my older brother gave me Of Mice And Men and To Kill A Mockingbird. I wasn't real happy, he knew what I liked and he got me something else. But since I love my brother I would give it a try. The agonizing thought of forcing myself to read something I didn't like was the same as my mother forcing me to eat spinach. As it turned out I consider those two books to be among the best books I ever read. I am eternally grateful to my brother for opening my eyes to the wonderful world of literature. Since that day I have never 'judged a book by its cover'.

I am also eternally grateful to my wife, Julie, who saw a story in me and forced me to sit down and put my fingers on the keys.

I look forward to getting to know people here and to share my writing with everyone.
RobertCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Welcome Robert, and thank you for your interesting story. Isn't it wonderful that you have people around you who "force" you to try something they consider good for you? Also, with you military background, I think you can write very solid military-related stories. All the best to your story writing adventure!
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
RobertCook
21st Century Warrior
RobertCook began at the beginning.

Thank you for the welcome!

If you are interested, my eBook is going for free on Amazon on 8/11 & 8/12 (Saturday & Sunday)
RobertCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Robert and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action/adventure, military, technology, thriller e-book, young adult