Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Geramita
Geramita began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
The Calibre Library and Dropbox

I have Calibre on several different computers and I keep the Calibre Library folder in my Dropbox so that whenever the Library is updated on one computer it is updated on all of them. I just bought another computer which I will be bringing with me while I am away from home for the next little while.

I installed Calibre on it and I tried to use the Calibre Book Library (that's its name in my Dropbox) as the place where Calibre will read what I have. It refused to accept that location saying that the folder was already full, and created another folder in the dropbox called Calibre Library. If I put all the content of Calibre Book Library into Calibre Library, all is well, but I now am doubling up the limited space I have in Dropbox for the same information.

I cannot seem to force Calibre to accept the Calibre Book Library that is in the Dropbox as the default location.

Any suggestsions about what I can do about this? Thanks very much.
Geramita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Make sure you have "use the previously existing library at the new location" button selected in the "switch/create library" window.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Geramita
Geramita began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Make sure you have "use the previously existing library at the new location" button selected in the "switch/create library" window.
Ohhhhh!!!!! Just found that button now. Never knew it existed. You live and learn and along the way you lose a lot of time making mistakes!

Thanks for this information.
Geramita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
You're welcome!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote