Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #16
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
There is a known issue with battery indicator on 602 that should be fixed with one of future firmware upgrades.
First of all it doesn't show green light after 10-12 hours of charge. Second, when you turn the device on the battery indicator appear empty, but when you start using the reader (opening books, turning pages, etc) the indicator adds one battery charge square after another until it shows the full charge.
The problem is with firmware, not the device or charger.
Mine 602 behaves exactly the same way and I am using it for a second week already (didn't need to recharge it second time yet).
In addition I would recommend to install the latest version of firmware 2.0.2 (if you haven't done it yet) from here.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #17
kwsong
Enthusiast
kwsong began at the beginning.

Device: PBR 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
There is a known issue with battery indicator on 602 that should be fixed with one of future firmware upgrades.
First of all it doesn't show green light after 10-12 hours of charge. Second, when you turn the device on the battery indicator appear empty, but when you start using the reader (opening books, turning pages, etc) the indicator adds one battery charge square after another until it shows the full charge.
The problem is with firmware, not the device or charger.
Mine 602 behaves exactly the same way and I am using it for a second week already (didn't need to recharge it second time yet).
In addition I would recommend to install the latest version of firmware 2.0.2 (if you haven't done it yet) from here.
Thank you for letting me know about this issue. I'll try unplugging it (once I get back home) and see the device actually works.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to upgrade the firmware, and I cannot find instructions for doing so anywhere on the manual, or anywhere on the main website.

I found the instructions for upgrading firmware for 301 and 360:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87057

Do I follow the same steps for my 602? I have no idea how I would get the files on my computer to the memory card, since my computer doesn't have a slot for those things.

Also, I've been having issues with the wifi.

At home, we have a hidden network, with no security. I keep getting an "unknown error."

Is there a firmware issue with the wifi as well?
kwsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #18
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwsong View Post
Thank you for letting me know about this issue. I'll try unplugging it (once I get back home) and see the device actually works.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to upgrade the firmware, and I cannot find instructions for doing so anywhere on the manual, or anywhere on the main website.

I found the instructions for upgrading firmware for 301 and 360:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87057

Do I follow the same steps for my 602? I have no idea how I would get the files on my computer to the memory card, since my computer doesn't have a slot for those things.

Also, I've been having issues with the wifi.

At home, we have a hidden network, with no security. I keep getting an "unknown error."

Is there a firmware issue with the wifi as well?
The instructions for updating firmware are written in the 602 user manual.

And for WiFi currently you should have unhidden network to connect to it. This is another problem that is expected to be fixed with the next firmware updates.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #19
kwsong
Enthusiast

Quote:
The instructions for updating firmware are written in the 602 user manual.
Thank you for pointing that out.

Do I need to find a computer that does have a slot for a micro SD card, or is there another way to upgrade the firmware?

Quote:
And for WiFi currently you should have unhidden network to connect to it. This is another problem that is expected to be fixed with the next firmware updates.
Oh well.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #20
tvpupsik
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwsong View Post
Thank you for pointing that out.

Do I need to find a computer that does have a slot for a micro SD card, or is there another way to upgrade the firmware?

Oh well.
Actually you can copy the firmware file to your root directory of the reader instead of using micro SD card - this is the way I upgraded mine.
Or you can insert the card into the reader, connect to PC, copy firmware file to the card and follow the instructions.
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #21
kwsong
Enthusiast

Thank you so much for everyone's help and patience.

Thank you kacir, Charlie, mtravellerh, and tvpupsik for patiently guiding me through this "initiation" process.

The PBR 602 is working now, and it seems to be running perfectly fine.

There are things about it I like a lot, though I have to say there are issues with it that I didn't originally anticipate, and though it might be something I need to get used to, but these things are no longer appropriate for this thread.

I'm really glad to know that I don't need to use a micro SD card for the installation. As someone who isn't so familiar with computers, this was not obvious to me at all, and I kind of wish some of these information were a bit more accessible.

Again, I thank you all. Have a nice day and happy Thanksgiving!

Best,

Ki Song
Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #22
tvpupsik
Addict

Enjoy the reader, reading and happy Thanksgiving, Ki Song!

Tags
602, battery, wall charger