Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #46
moorhen
moorhen began at the beginning.

Device: Eken M001
I bought the Eken M001 in early January and managed to break it within half an hour of opening the box... (I took the SD card out while it was copying a file). I tried a reset - didn't work.. tried reinstalling the Firmware - that didn't work either.. I ended up going to the Eken website and downloading the Firmware for the M009 which works lovely..!! It says it now runs Android 2.2 but I couldn't get software that needed Android 2.1 to work. Apparently this is a common prob with Chinese devces - they lie. The memory isn't what it says and the Software isn't either..

My happiness with this gadget is that I can use it with Kindle for Android and access all the Amazon books I can't read on my ebook. So it's good for that.. the wireless thing is a prob as I don't have a wireless modem here (i'm off the beaten track and stuck with wired internet)... and although I can set my laptop up as an access point (a very handy trick I can recommend - see youtube and search for access point.... you can turn any laptop into a wifi source... It's not a true wifi source and the Android is fussy apparently - but you can run other laptops off it or mobile phones - so no need to panic if your wifi modem dies in the middle of a WoW game at midnight.
moorhen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, eken, m001, mid, tablet