Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #31
joseludi
joseludi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Problem has solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseludi View Post
At least I've burn a cd-rw.

Everythins has been OK, until the moment of flashing the main partition. The green bar after 2 or 3 seconds turns to red telling: "failed" (I've been waiting for fifteen minutes without success).

I've tried 2 more times with the same result: "failed" when is on the screen: "we are now flashing the main partition. This will probably take between 3 and 10 minutes"

The kindle remains in Diagnostic Mode. I've tried pushing the power button for 20 seconds, choosing "reboot system" in the diagnose menu.

I must say that my KT has the 5.3.2 firmware and has never had jailbreak
I've downloaded the iso again. I've burned a cd instead of a cd-rw. And now it all went OK.
At last, it has cost me a cd and a big sudden fear that I'm trying to get over now.
joseludi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #32
lehbaurd
lehbaurd began at the beginning.

Kubrick won't boot for me on HP laptop

Been really trying to get to a working boot state so I can reflash to test Kubrick out. No luck with multiple attempts. I've burned a number of CDs, DVDRWs and made a USB version of Kubrick but the boot process always starts with "Fail in evaluating the _REG object of EC device. Broken bios is suspected" (I do have the latest and reflashed to make sure) then it "hangs at detecting PCI devices Kernel modules". I repeated with a fresh download of Kubick but still no joy. Not a regular Linux user but I've never had any issues with any Linux based Live CDs on my laptop before so I'm a bit stumped. Does anyone have a suggestion - do I need to edit some configuration file to get past these hangs? Based on previous report of success would I be better off trying via a VM like Virtualbox?
lehbaurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #33
edonor
edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks Ixtab:
It works perfectly, and had wanted to Jailbrearlo, everything OK, very easy and well guided to clumsy like me.
Again thank you for your work.
Greetings.

Last edited by edonor; 02-19-2013 at 02:53 PM.
edonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #34
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
okay... as it doesn't include a "fastboot server" option like imx_gui does for example it failed to dehose a completely fried 4. fastboot killed by previous errant activities.

This is of course covered in the README and the text that pops up when it loads the first time.

using another tool confirmed that the fastboot.bin was indeed non-functional on the device.

Just a word to the wise. not a complaint.

Installed fine.

Thanks
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #35
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I was thinking about trying this....read the Readme file....I have a question. The Q&A states "Insert the CD into your Computer, and make it boot from the CD." Pardon my ignorance, boot what from the CD?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #36
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The computer.

generally a BIOS or BOOTTIME option (F8, F10 or F12 on the puters I have had)

essentially BOOT 'PUTER FROM CD.

In my case I just amended the BIOS boot order.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #37
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ewww ok. just a little out of my capability. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #38
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
ewww ok. just a little out of my capability. Thanks!
may help
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #39
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
True.... and even though that focuses on USB stick boots it is "generally the right vibe"

: ) (see 2 mins 11 seconds for the BIOS version of the menu I describe below)

More generally:
  • boot machine
  • wildly slap at the function buttons (I would try F12 or F10 myself on a random "other persons" computer...
  • Choose "Boot From CD" assuming you have a machine new enough to have a bootloader menu

that is the route of least resistance and will work in many cases without BIOS diving.

Otherwise it is BIOS twiddling as illustrated above.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #40
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

That is helpful. Thanks. Doesn't look too hard. Will try it.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
edonor
edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Hello:
As I said it works ok, but I have a question TTS voices work with 5.3.2??, If it works where I have information?
Thank you.
edonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #42
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
True.... and even though that focuses on USB stick boots it is "generally the right vibe"
OK this one is better
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #43
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 1.1

The new version is now available (for downloads, see first post).

There is now also a USB stick version available for download, and the boot menu is functional again (so you can select your keyboard layout, or tweak some parameters).

There's still no autologin. Just type "root" when prompted.
(I did try dsmid's suggestion, but the software just wouldn't compile correctly. If anybody is willing to spend the time required to figure this out, feel free to do so. I'll happily include your changes.)
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #44
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
@ixtab: thank you for providing a USB stick version. That should go a long way to make it "noob-friendly". If I have not heard any success stories about it working to put on usb with new usb-version, will try to do so in a couple days.

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #45
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Haha, this made me laugh so much... Just for the possibility alone - that future jailbreak users might jailbreak their device with a boot cd.

ixtab, you are a god. I like your sense of humor...

Keep the accessibility threshold low.

Last edited by notimp; 02-20-2013 at 01:09 AM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote