Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Reader Library loads itself, but no books

Yesterday, my Reader Library stopped working properly. The process was running in Task Manager, but no GUI. After following excellent advice in this thread, Reader Library is now running again, but it refuses to load books to my reader. It won't even load them into the library folder on my computer! I've just "bought" two free books from the RL store, and I also have a library book I want to put in the 950, but I keep getting the message "Status: Completed. 0 of 1 files". I can get the Sony books from the 950 through the 3G, but the library book annoys me.

Both computer and reader are listed as authorized devices. I'm at the point where I'm considering uninstalling the damned thing but that strikes me as drastic. Suggestions, please?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I wouldn't call uninstalling and reinstalling at all. Give it a try!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I wouldn't call uninstalling and reinstalling at all. Give it a try!
Didn't help.

I got impatient and downloaded my Sony books straight to the 950 via 3G, but they are still not in the Reader Library when I look in the list of owned books on the laptop.

When I try to open the library .acsm file that will download the epub, I get a prompt saying I need to authorize my computer in my ADE account. I did replace my hard drive right before this started happening, so I clicked on yes and put in my ADE account info. I also put in my Sony Reader account info. Still no luck on the library book. I know my library account is okay, because the same book downloads and opens just fine in the OverDrive app on my smartphone.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Do you get the same authorization message now after you've authorized as well, or is it "just" that the books don't show uo?
is the acsm file extension associated with RL?
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Do you get the same authorization message now after you've authorized as well, or is it "just" that the books don't show uo?
is the acsm file extension associated with RL?
Yes, and yes.
Advert