Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
stevet
Enthusiast
stevet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600 Touch
Copying and viewing handwritten notes from PRS-600

I originally posted this as part of another thread, but realized that it was right in the middle of a discussion about a Java script, so I reposted it has it's own thread.

There hasn't been much mention of exporting the handwritten notes. Since most of my best ideas have always come when I'm NOT home or in the office, I've used napkins a lot! But the Sony PRS600 seems great for this. Now, now do I get the notes out and read them with something external, maybe even print them? In the reader on Database/Media/Notepads, there are several files with .note extensions that I assume are my notes. And I can copy them to the PC. So if that's them, I have the 'get them out" part ok. But how do I read them? Particularly since Sony Reader Library software doesn't work at all on my PC.

Steve
stevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:56 AM   #2
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2

Last edited by beppe; 03-19-2010 at 09:41 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
stevet
Enthusiast
stevet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600 Touch
Ok, I'll try again. Has anyone any ideas on how to get handwriten notes out of the Sony PR600 Touch Reader? Also, without using Sony Reader Library software (which just will not work on my PC)? I have notes, I like using the Sony as a notepad, and handwriting is way easier and faster than the keyboard function. But how do I get these out and use them, file them, print them?
stevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 AM   #4
ordialn
ordialn began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
you can use PRS note reader.

see : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67714

my web : http://sites.google.com/site/ordialn/
ordialn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
keefe
keefe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600BC
I'm currently anxiously waiting my prs-600. It's absolutely critical for me to get user input out of the touch because I am buying this device for the purpose of integrating it with the app server I am working on. Once it gets here, I will post detailed instructions and probably some code on github regarding this.
keefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
picco
picco began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefe View Post
I'm currently anxiously waiting my prs-600. It's absolutely critical for me to get user input out of the touch because I am buying this device for the purpose of integrating it with the app server I am working on. Once it gets here, I will post detailed instructions and probably some code on github regarding this.
Any news?
picco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Necro-posting strikes again. picco, nice to see you post but check the dates, this thread has been dead for nearly two and a half years...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote