Name:	screen-2b.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	164576  
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by birkmaggs View Post
Can this be done, or am I blind?

See Pic
In CC, every format is a different book, so if you are asking if you can see the all the formats of a given book stored in CC's library then the answer is no.

If you are asking whether you can see the list of formats of a book stored in your calibre library, then the answer is yes. In calibre you create a custom column "build from other columns, acts like tags" and use the template {formats}. After you create the column, sync CC as a wireless device so it can learn that the column exists, then use CC's "Settings / Customize the book list / Extra information on the book list" to add that field to the displayed list. NB: as said above, in CC there is one book per format. Seeing formats different from the format of the current book might not be particularly useful.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
I only ask because I don't like reading pdf's on my mobile devices, and would prefer not be "surprised" by my download. I know I can find the format on the metadata page, but I hate doing that all the time.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I only ask because I don't like reading pdf's on my mobile devices, and would prefer not be "surprised" by my download. I know I can find the format on the metadata page, but I hate doing that all the time.
If you want to see the (one) actual format of the CC book in the book list then use "Settings / Customize the book list / Extra information on the book list" to add the book format to the book list. "Format" is one of the field choices available.

[EDIT]After rereading your post I think this answer is irrelevant, but I will leave it here anyway.

Last edited by chaley; 06-21-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:11 AM   #5
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
Revisiting this topic:

I got the format to show up in each book, but only by connecting to wireless and "pushing"to CC.

I need it to work for Dropbox. I see the info in the opf file. I don't see why this wouldn't work for Dropbox.

Is this possible?
Old 09-30-2018, 03:59 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Revisiting this topic:

I got the format to show up in each book, but only by connecting to wireless and "pushing"to CC.

I need it to work for Dropbox. I see the info in the opf file. I don't see why this wouldn't work for Dropbox.

Is this possible?
No, not directly. The cloud connection is a book source like the content server. It doesn't have the same features as CC's main library.

That said, it is easy to limit the books you see in the cloud connection to a single format or everything but a single format. Tap the "Formats" line, long press on the format you want to see or want excluded, then choose the correct option.