Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #151
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
Bluefire Reader update changes:
More text size choices and text can now be made very large
Support for the .acsm file type - works in standard URL or Open-in (does not work via iTunes file sharing)
New Link Protocol for direct download to Bluefire Reader from link in Mobile Safari for non-protected files (epub and pdf) it is: "bluefirereader://download/<url>.pdf or epub
The previous link protocol for protected items (bluefirereader://fulfill/<url>.acsm) now works with Overdrive

We had lots of other goodies planned for this release, but we decided to pour all our energy into library loans and get that out ASAP.
Well, and as previously mentioned, the Top Feature is that you can now transfer library loan eBooks from your computer and read them on Bluefire Reader
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #152
Jsimon
Enthusiast
Jsimon began at the beginning.

Help

I'm confused. Can someone explain simply how do I now download a book from my public library onto iPad ( overdrive)
Jsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #153
leonardfrye
Enthusiast
leonardfrye began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePW
I tried the "bluefirereader://download/<url>.pdf or epub" function and it seemed to download the book to my library but no title or author and the book could not be read. Access Denied error. It did allow me to delete the book from my library. Any suggestions?
leonardfrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #154
kkay5
kkay5 began at the beginning.

Device: B&N eReader
Quote:
an update to Bluefire Reader is now available on App Store. Top New Feature: support for library loan eBooks!
Thank you! Thank you! I just tried this on my iPod and it worked great! I am SO excited I can now read my library books on my iPod!!!
kkay5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #155
Jsimon
Enthusiast

Never mind. Figured it out. So cool.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #156
steph_g
Book Lover
steph_g doesn't littersteph_g doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
an update to Bluefire Reader is now available on App Store. Top New Feature: support for library loan eBooks!
OMG - I love you people! I just downloaded my first library book to my iPad. It worked! Thank you so, so much. I really would be happy to pay for this app just for this purpose. It's amazing that you could do what it seems Apple and Overdrive are unable (or unwilling) to do. You might want to make sure people know they have authorize their iPad with their Adobe ID to make it work. I followed your excellent directions on your web site, but since I hadn't previously authorized the iPad, it didn't work at first. I finally figured out what I needed to do. You are awesome!
steph_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 AM   #157
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
One question, does direct download work with library loan? If so, which is the link I need to provide?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #158
Jsimon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
One question, does direct download work with library loan? If so, which is the link I need to provide?
That would be great but doubt it since it needs the adobe software for the initial download.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #159
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph_g View Post
OMG - I love you people! I just downloaded my first library book to my iPad. It worked! Thank you so, so much. I really would be happy to pay for this app just for this purpose. It's amazing that you could do what it seems Apple and Overdrive are unable (or unwilling) to do. You might want to make sure people know they have authorize their iPad with their Adobe ID to make it work. I followed your excellent directions on your web site, but since I hadn't previously authorized the iPad, it didn't work at first. I finally figured out what I needed to do. You are awesome!
Also worth adding that although you add the book to the iPad by syncing with a cable, the iPad needs to be connected to a network to authorise the book. (Presumably just on first opening, not each time?)
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 AM   #160
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsimon View Post
That would be great but doubt it since it needs the adobe software for the initial download.
Thank you, I'll do it in that way.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #161
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Ah, the updated app works perfectly (except for the part where it still freezes when I hit the home button)... at least I can still use it, I just have to reboot everytime I exit.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #162
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
I just updated this app, and then successfully added two library books to my ipad. There was a bit of a learning curve for me, but once I figured everything out, it ran flawlessly.
Thanks for everyone's help.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #163
leonardfrye
Enthusiast
leonardfrye began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePW
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardfrye View Post
I tried the "bluefirereader://download/<url>.pdf or epub" function and it seemed to download the book to my library but no title or author and the book could not be read. Access Denied error. It did allow me to delete the book from my library. Any suggestions?
I figured it out and the download is working now!! I had to add a custom mime type to the web server. The extension "epub" and the mime type "application/octet-stream".
leonardfrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #164
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I just loaded my first library book onto the Bluefire Reader app. This feature is fabulous! Thank you so much!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #165
apdundas
apdundas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I work at a library that has Overdrive. I'm loading the new version of your app on my iPhone right now. What are you looking for? anna.dundas@lpl.london.on.ca
apdundas is offline   Reply With Quote