Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-21-2017, 11:07 PM   #106
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I never liked Space Ghost, but I did like the early 60s sci-fi cartoon, Space Angel. The actor who voiced the Scottish engineer was none other than Hal Smith (Otis Campbell on the Andy Griffith Show).

I'd never heard of this one before. It was never on in syndication where I lived I imagine. It does look well drawn.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:18 PM   #107
jswinden
Nameless Being

I liked Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

And of course The Twilight Zone too! Also there was a weird sci fi show that basically used still images (drawings) with moving lips superimposed on the characters. Anyone remember what that was called? I never cared for it but we laughed at it because it was so bad. I also watched Land of the Giants.
Advert
Old 01-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #108
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I'd never heard of this one before. It was never on in syndication where I lived I imagine. It does look well drawn.
I really enjoyed Space Angel. The art was good, but they took a lot of short cuts with the animation -- I assume to save money. This is especially obvious when the characters speak. They superimpose moving lips over the static face.

This same technique was also used for Clutch Cargo.

cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:02 AM   #109
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
You can watch complete episodes on YouTube for free.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:47 AM   #110
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I liked Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

And of course The Twilight Zone too! Also there was a weird sci fi show that basically used still images (drawings) with moving lips superimposed on the characters. Anyone remember what that was called? I never cared for it but we laughed at it because it was so bad. I also watched Land of the Giants.
Clutch McCargo?

I see Cromag got the right answer.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #111
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

These are a couple shows I watched way back when.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #112
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Clutch McCargo?

I see Cromag got the right answer.
No it definitely wasn't Clutch McCargo. I never heard of that one. It might have been Space Angel, but that doesn't sound like a title I can remember. We only had black and white TVs in our house in the 1960s, so even if it had been broadcast in color I wouldn't have noticed, but I doubt it was as it was even cheaper looking than Space Angel, I think. I do remember a spaceship and I seem to remember part of the title containing a name like X-15 (after the NASA experimental aircraft), but it was so long ago and the show was so terrible I'm now drawing a blank.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #113
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Circus peanuts are peanut-shaped marshmallow candy. They date to the 19th century, when they were one of a large variety of unwrapped "penny candy" sold in such retail outlets as five-and-dime stores.

Although the most familiar variety of mass-produced circus peanuts in the 2010s is orange-colored and flavored with an artificial banana flavor; confectioners originally distributed an orange-flavored variety that was only available seasonally due to a lack of packaging capable of preserving the candy. In the spring, five-and-dimes sold circus peanuts as penny candy. In the 1940s, circus peanuts became one of the many candies to become available year-round owing to the industrial proliferation of polyethylene packaging.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:37 PM   #114
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I still get a craving for these now and again. It's like a comfort-food of old-fashioned candy.

And while the bunny ones that come out around Easter are similar, they're just not the same flavor.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:02 PM   #115
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I still get a craving for these now and again. It's like a comfort-food of old-fashioned candy.

And while the bunny ones that come out around Easter are similar, they're just not the same flavor.
...say it ain't so. I hated those things. To me, they were the vilest candy ever created
Old 02-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #116
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post

I still like them too, though I haven't had them in yrs.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #117
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Another great treat from childhood.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #118
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:

Another great treat from childhood.
My first thought was "chocolate covered double parking meter".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DoubleParkingMeters.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	154718  
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #119
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Chocolate covered Dolly Parton bars.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #120
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Chocolate covered Dolly Parton bars.
Yeah, but only if you hold them upside down