Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2015, 04:08 AM   #46
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ

I'm afraid my lovely little six inch Aura will be the last of her breed. I think I'd better buy a spare body for her.

At home I mostly read on my H2O but the six inch Aura goes everywhere with me. It isn't so much the size that's unique but the proportions. Something about it just feels like a very old book to me; it's very personal somehow.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #47
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
I'm now a bit curious about Kobo's new Flip Cover. It'll be interesting to see if anyone around here gets one; I'd like to know how it feels in real-world use.
If there was a $19.99 flip cover for the Aura, I might go for that. The regular sleep cover is too expensive.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2015, 06:16 AM   #48
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Well.. it is on pre-sale for 89 Euro's here in the Netherlands and that is way to expensive.
The case (sleepcover) is the same as for the Glo and Glo HD and is sold for 29,95. (I have them from e-bay for 7,95 including shipping)
There is a flipcover for 19,95.
Why does something that kost 90 canadian dollars,has to cost 89 euro ?
At current value CAD $90 is 60,22 euro's..
The cheap price of the Glo HD is 110 euro's, compare all its futures to the 90 euro's Touch 2... I would forget this whole Touch 2 thing...

Link for the Touch 2 at Bol.com:
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/kobo-touch-2...0000047501710/

The flipcover:
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/kobo-glo-hd-...0000045580811/

Last edited by Nick_1964; 09-14-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:02 AM   #49
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
This 1 to 1 price conversion from CAD (and/or USD) to EUR and not taking into account the exchange rate is quite common.
When I wrote this post €90 converted into CAD is 134,80. This is a staggering +50% price difference. (CAD 134,80/CAD 90).

I also agree that the Touch 2.0 is too expensive for a basic, entry-level ereading device. €60 would be a fair market introduction price for such a reader. I seriously doubt if the 2.0 will become a sales success.
Importing the device from Canada into de EU would be (much) cheaper, but even then the device remains too expensive.
And accessories, well those are usually way overpriced and Kobo is no exception to this general rule.
Buy your accessories on Ebay or a Chinese shopping site and you can easily save 2/3 on the retail price. I bought a cover for a HP Stream 7 and it was 100% identical to the original HP cover except it had no HP logo on it. Okay, that makes it 99,5% identical.

Last edited by Anak; 09-15-2015 at 05:27 AM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:47 AM   #50
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
I also agree that the Touch 2.0 is too expensive for a basic, entry-level ereading device. €60 would be a fair market introduction price for such a reader. I seriously doubt if the 2.0 will become a sales success.
I don't think much people look to the specs and compare them, they only think, hey there is no light,that is okay,my older Sony doesn't have that either.
But they will not compare the resolution,and for a lot of buyers they don't know what it is.
So common thought, if I visually compare them, I pay for the Glo HD between 20 and 30 euro's more "only for the light".. If they never had the Glo HD in their hands,they just see 2 the same models, one with and one without light.
That there is under the hood, so much difference, most of them will not see.
Under the hundred is also psychological, 99,99 "sounds" better then 100,01..
So I think they gamble for the unknowing customers..
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2015, 08:46 AM   #51
cane
Enthusiast
cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3,Kindle Oasis 2016,2022 Basic kindle
Thumbs up

I bought a cover for my Kobo HD from Ebay
UA Blue Folio Slim Auto Sleep Leather Cover Case For Kobo Glo HD eReader
( 321758169151 )

ITEM PRICE:
US $10.99

Also bought a
BROWN SMART(Automatic wake) PU LEATHER CASE COVER FOR AMAZON KINDLE PAPERWHITE
( 121079697354 )
Add note
ITEM PRICE:
US $13.99

both work great for me
cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #52
cane
Enthusiast
cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3,Kindle Oasis 2016,2022 Basic kindle
Blue Folio Slim Auto Sleep Leather Cover Case For Kobo Glo HD eReader

I see that the KoboGlo HD cover is now US $10.99 with free shipping
here is the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H3-Blue-Foli...item5b15e25f00
cane is offline   Reply With Quote