Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2015, 07:13 AM   #31
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Notetaking on EnergyPro

i'm an avid notetaker while reading and recognize the aforementioned problems.
Selecting text on the EnergyPro is somewhat cumbersome indeed. To solve it i use a separate note-app in combination with Buttonsavior. With the last switching from reading to the note-app is a piece of cake. While i can easily "after-edit" (e.g on laptop) the selection doesn't need to be that precisely. Abundance text and missing characters can easily be corrected.
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:38 AM   #32
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
Please urbie, What notetaker are you using?
I suppose Button saviour needs rooting?
koen
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2015, 03:32 AM   #33
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Notetaking on EnergyPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunvp View Post
Please urbie, What notetaker are you using?
I suppose Button saviour needs rooting?
koen
ButtonSavior needs root indeed. With "Root_Master_1.3.6_Cekas_Fix.apk" that's a piece of cake. The app used for note taking is Notepad (Market..free)
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #34
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbie View Post
ButtonSavior needs root indeed. With "Root_Master_1.3.6_Cekas_Fix.apk" that's a piece of cake. The app used for note taking is Notepad (Market..free)
There's also a non root version of Button Savior.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:44 AM   #35
redrichi
redrichi began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem Pro+
Kobo app not displaying correctly

Hi,

I've just got my new Pro+ and installed the Kobo app. Unfortunately, when I tried to read a couple of my books the alignment wasn't right - the text disappears off the right hand side. I tried changing the font size and page orientation but nothing helps.

Does anybody know how to correct this problem please?
redrichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2015, 11:39 AM   #36
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Kobo app not showing all

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrichi View Post
Hi,

I've just got my new Pro+ and installed the Kobo app. Unfortunately, when I tried to read a couple of my books the alignment wasn't right - the text disappears off the right hand side. I tried changing the font size and page orientation but nothing helps.

Does anybody know how to correct this problem please?

Seems that Kobo app has problems with the DPI "ro.sf.lcd_density=" value in the system\build.prop.

Solution is offered in this thread:
eReader Pro+ v2 and Google Play books
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:38 PM   #37
dieselnutjob
dieselnutjob began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem eReader Pro+
My Pro+ is offering an update to version 3.0.0
Has anyone tried it?
dieselnutjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:22 AM   #38
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselnutjob View Post
My Pro+ is offering an update to version 3.0.0
Has anyone tried it?
V 3.0.0 has been out quite some time now. I have it on my Pro+ and haven't hit any major problems, although the FB2 EPUB renderer is definitely handicapped. There are two issues I have with it - both related to what is valid CSS code. In one case setting all <p> to indent the para works fine, however trying to override it by a class or style on an individual para is ignored; same with centred text. The code is correctly rendered by the Adobe renderer on the Pro + (and on other devices I have).

I'd stick another renderer on the device (like AL Reader) but it doesn't integrate with the Home Page for "recently read" books and the ability to select a book from the Home Page.

The limited fonts available with the Adobe renderer and the inability to add the ones I like are the reason I don't simply use Adobe.

I don't think either of the above are new with V3.0.0.

If you do update then read the FAQ on ES website about how to re-calibrate the touch screen.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #39
greg oire
Zealot
greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Energy Reader Pro+
hello everyone
i encountered the following problem:
i try to switch the wifi on and it wont, it just goes gray and after a while goes back to off. it always did this sometimes but after a 2nd, 3d try it would work. now it doesnt..
any advice would be appreciated..
the device is an energy sistem pro+, fw2.0.0
greg oire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:57 AM   #40
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg oire View Post
hello everyone
i encountered the following problem:
i try to switch the wifi on and it wont, it just goes gray and after a while goes back to off. it always did this sometimes but after a 2nd, 3d try it would work. now it doesnt..
any advice would be appreciated..
the device is an energy sistem pro+, fw2.0.0
Does it show the SSIDs for Access Points within range ? If so have you set the credentials for your preferred one ?

If the APs are not displaying then either you are not within range of a useable one or you may have a hardware problem. If nothing is displaying and you are sure you are within range then I suggest a full reset of the device.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #41
greg oire
Zealot
greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

first of all thanks for the answer..
no it shows absolutely nothing.. it goes like that:
i go to settings/wifi and press on,the on part of the switch turns gray (instead of white), stays gray for a while and then (after 10'' or so) goes back to off.
at the entire time the screen reads "turning on wifi" which stays like that even after the switch (the thing at the top right of the scren) has gone back to off.
it seems like as if it is trying to turn wifi on but is not able to and so it gives up after a while..
hardware problem most likely?
you think i should do the full reset and see what happens?

Γρηγόρης

Last edited by greg oire; 01-25-2017 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-27-2017, 12:51 AM   #42
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
first of all thanks for the answer..
no it shows absolutely nothing.. it goes like that:
i go to settings/wifi and press on,the on part of the switch turns gray (instead of white), stays gray for a while and then (after 10'' or so) goes back to off.
at the entire time the screen reads "turning on wifi" which stays like that even after the switch (the thing at the top right of the scren) has gone back to off.
it seems like as if it is trying to turn wifi on but is not able to and so it gives up after a while..
hardware problem most likely?
you think i should do the full reset and see what happens?

Γρηγόρης
I was having similar problems full reset solved the problem for me.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #43
greg oire
Zealot

"I was having similar problems full reset solved the problem for me."

i tried just that but no luck..
when yoy say full reset you mean settings/backup and reset/reset ereader no?
anyway thats what i did but problem persists.
any other suggestions anyone?
maybe i should try to put on another firmware?
Old 01-28-2017, 03:02 PM   #44
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
"I was having similar problems full reset solved the problem for me."

i tried just that but no luck..
when yoy say full reset you mean settings/backup and reset/reset ereader no?
anyway thats what i did but problem persists.
any other suggestions anyone?
maybe i should try to put on another firmware?
Well if I recall correctly I did a factory reset from the settings. Then flashed an official firmware. The WiFi button started working after that.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #45
greg oire
Zealot

so i changed the firmware back to 1.0.0 after doing a full reset but problem is there.
if it was a hardware problem would the device behave like that?

i mean would it try to turn on and then go back to off or it would seem like it was on but just wouldnt work?

anyway i still have an ereader with no wifi at all so any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags
ereader, google account manager, google play, kobo app, pro+, t62+