Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
alain_desilets
alain_desilets began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Universe
Reading Adobe DRM books on Onyx Universe

I am trying to read Adobe DRM protected books on my brand new Onyx Boox Universe. But none of the e-readers bundled with it are able to open DRM protected books. Is that normal?

I did install Mantano Reader on the device, and it can open DRM books. The problem with it is that when I try to use TTS in Mantano, it only reads the very first sentence of the page. And I really need to use the TTS feature.

Have people here have experience with an e-reader that:
- Runs on the Onyx Boox
- Will open Adobe DRM protected books
- Will run the TTS correctly

Incidentally, it seems most of the bundled e-readers have trouble with TTS. For example, OReader will also only read the first sentence of a page, when using OnyxTTS. When using Pico TTS, it reads the whole page, but Pico sounds so awful compared to the OnyxTTS. With FBReader, both Pico and OnyxTTS will read the whole page, but the more natural sounding OnyxTTS pauses for 3 whole seconds between pages. OnyxReader behaves the exact same way.

The only bundled e-reader that does TTS correctly, is Onyx Neo Reader.
alain_desilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Get calibre, which is free and then go here:

https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

We cannot give instructions on how to remove DRM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
alain_desilets
alain_desilets began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Universe
Thx Dr Drib. I'll look into Calibre.
alain_desilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by alain_desilets View Post
Thx Dr Drib. I'll look into Calibre.

Many of us here use calibre to help maintain our library of ebooks.

We have a special forum devoted to the program.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:54 PM   #5
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Your universe's product page claims to be able to handle adobe drm, just like my Afterglow 2 does. Have you gone to the onyx settings -> extensions -> DRM to register your adobe id yet? Once I did that, onyxreader handled my adobe epubs just fine.

My afterglow 2 had quite a bit of trouble downloading adobe drm'd epubs from an .acsm file, it would try and fail, but if I use another program, in my case Aldiko, to get the epub, then so long as the device and aldiko were registered to the same adobe id, both could open the epub.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert