Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #46
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
DNSB Don't know what happened....now it wants the Format it. For 1 second it showed 27 gig.
Should I format it?
Don't format it. Windows does when the card has partitions it can't read which the 2 ext4 are. Insert the card, close the Format popup and run PW11 to look at the card. You should see something close to what my images in the previous message showed with 4 partions (*:, x:rootfs:, y:nxtrecovery: and z:KOBOeReader) present (I used x,y & z since the drive letters will change depending on what you have in your system).

If you see a list of partitions with sizes similar to mine, you should be good to go. Jump to inserting card in your Clara HD.

If you see a list of partitions but the KOBOeReader partition is much smaller, jump to the extend partition step.

If you don't see that partition structure, try writing the image you created from your original Clara HD uSD card to the new uSD card and check the partition information after the write has completed.

If it looks good, extend the KOBOeReader partition to it's maximum size and apply the operation.

Insert the card in your Clara HD, power it on and happy reading!

Last edited by DNSB; 05-22-2019 at 11:57 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #47
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
32 SD Card is DEAD I Killed it

for trying to me do this!

Any one want to do it for me?? PM me...

I gift this to you: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You send me the card when done adding Kobo OS correctly...send it to me. You keep everything else... let me know what you charge!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 05-22-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:32 PM   #48
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
For info; If the memory device doesn't appear/display in window's "Disk Management" UI after a format, run windows "Memory Diagnostics Tool", Use "search" to locate it. There's a youtube tutorial for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76pAKsBlaHA

This has worked in making my SSD and memory cards re-appear after they mysteriously vanished from windows Disk Management after my mismanagement of them with mini partition tool.

Last edited by leftright; 05-22-2019 at 11:46 PM.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:44 PM   #49
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

leftright .... I did what DNSB suggested to bring it back but Nothing I put the sd card in my kobo, phone, my son pc & mine... its invisible. gone poof.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:59 AM   #50
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
return the card as " faulty" for a full refund or replacement?

or try to completely wipe it/ format it using a PC, then start again from the very beginning
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:49 AM   #51
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
See this, please:

https://hetmanrecovery.com/recovery_...hould-i-do.htm

Quote (and further explanation on the webite):

A similar drive letter is a reason for flash drives, memory cards and hard disks to become “invisible”!

And later:

Absence of drivers is a widespread reason why a computer cannot see an SD card!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-23-2019 at 09:51 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #52
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
return the card as " faulty" for a full refund or replacement?

or try to completely wipe it/ format it using a PC, then start again from the very beginning
That's Dishonest!! I Crashed it I will NOT return it as Faulty! Scammers like You are the reason folks that Do Get Faulty SD cards Cant get a refund... happened to me on ebay.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:33 AM   #53
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
I seriously doubt the card has failed. Windows will not assign a drive letter to it as the SD card has multiple partitions. It should still be listed though in either a disk partioning program or an image restore tool.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #54
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
I should also mention that the SD Association Formatter program is a good option for trying to repair "damaged' cards.

See https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

This will totally wipe out the SD card
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #55
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's Dishonest!! I Crashed it I will NOT return it as Faulty! Scammers like You are the reason folks that Do Get Faulty SD cards Cant get a refund... happened to me on ebay.
Well if it's not faulty, stop moaning about it being broken.

And explain again how me saying return it if broken makes me a dishonest scammer. And how you get from there to me being the reason that folks cannot get refunds on faulty goods.

[.....] - Ed.

Last edited by issybird; 05-23-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Deleted comment in violation of guidelines.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #56
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
For linux users:

1. open kobo, eject internal sdcard, put sdcard on pc
2. backup sdcard to image with
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=kobo.img bs=1M
sudo sync
3. extract original sdcard, insert new one and flash the image from the copy you created with
Code:
sudo dd if=kobo.img of=/dev/mmcblk0
sudo sync
4. open gparted and expand the vfat partition (the 3rd one) to match your sd empty space.

Windows users can do the same booting from cd/usb with Gparted live.

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/instal...using-windows/
https://www.howtoforge.com/partitioning_with_gparted
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:39 PM   #57
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Well if it's not faulty, stop moaning about it being broken.

And explain again how me saying return it if broken makes me a dishonest scammer. And how you get from there to me being the reason that folks cannot get refunds on faulty goods.

[.....] - Ed.
When I got it it was NOT faulty... It crashed on me trying to use it for Kobo. What part Don't you seem to understand?
Old 05-23-2019, 09:47 PM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
When I got it it was NOT faulty... It crashed on me trying to use it for Kobo. What part Don't you seem to understand?
If it has really died since you got it a few days ago, then it should be replaced under warranty.

But, it is unlikely to be dead. More likely the partition table or something has been messed up. Using the SD card formatter will probably fix it. Even writing the image to the card again will probably fix it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:05 PM   #59
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
Dear Barbara born in 1955, go back to basics, start from the beginning.
The solution to your problem has been voiced several times, all you have to do is read and do, or, watch and do. To watch and do go to the you tube links, play and pause the tutorial at every step and mimic the instruction on your application. It really is very easy, watch, pause... and replicate.

If you're unsuccessful with either of these two methods of instruction, find a local PC repair shop, take the components to them along with the relevant image file and ask them to restore the image or, find a local youngster who's PC literate and pay him/her/it for their time.

Last edited by leftright; 05-23-2019 at 11:26 PM.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:41 AM   #60
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If it has really died since you got it a few days ago, then it should be replaced under warranty.

But, it is unlikely to be dead. More likely the partition table or something has been messed up. Using the SD card formatter will probably fix it. Even writing the image to the card again will probably fix it.
exactly.

"When I got it it was NOT faulty... What part Don't you seem to understand" -
well for starters, there's you not reading one year warranty on the link to the card that you posted ???

and for seconds, your inability to follow simple, patiently supplied instructions from several helpful people

P.E.B.C.A.K
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).png
Views:	129
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	171596   Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	120
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	171597  

Last edited by stumped; 05-24-2019 at 12:51 AM.