Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-09-2019, 04:14 AM   #31
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by klgc View Post
I'm on MacOS 10.13.6 so on GitHub I chose the download FlightCrew_v0.9.1osx.zip The problem is that the plugin file in the osx folder is a Unix executable file, not a zip file, so of course it's grayed out when I try to add the plugin.
IIRC, some macOS Internet browsers will automatically unzip downloaded .zip files, however, the plugin manager will only look for .zip files.
If your Internet browser unzips downloaded .zip files, you'll need to zip them up or use a different Internet browser.
(If you're an advanced user, you could also select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location and copy the unzipped plugin folder to to the Sigil plugins folder.)
You also might want to download the ActiveTcl Community Edition, because many plugins require this library.
BTW, if you're working on an epub3 book for the iBooks Store, you won't be able to check your book with FlightCrew, because it doesn't support epub3 books.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:38 AM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
An Apple user should be able to tell you how--specifically--to change the Safari setting that automatically unzips downloaded zip files. It was a horrible decision (on Apple's part) to enable that feature by default in Safari in my opinion. It's always better to let knowledgeable users enable a feature than it is to expect unknowledgeble users to know such a feature exists and how to change it.

Look for a Downloads section in Safari's preferences in the meantime. The setting should be in that area, I should think.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-09-2019 at 06:42 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #33
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
If you are on Mac OSX, make sure you have disabled any further processing of your download (it is never a good idea to automatically run anything downloaded - assumed safe or not). Inside your Downloads folder you should see a zip archive and not an unzipped folder.

Then manually move that zip file to your Desktop from the Downloads Folder.
Only **after** manually moving that zip folder out of Downloads, you can start Sigil and navigate to Sigil's Preferences and use the Plugin Manager to install your Plugin.

Mac OSX gatekeeper treats files inside your DownLoads folder in a different way from other files that you have manually moved out for security reasons.

Please try that and let me know what you see.

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by klgc View Post
Gaaaaaaa####! The comments above seem straight forward, but there's a catch. I upgraded (from 0.8.7) to Sigil 0.9.8 from GitHub and the notes say that now the epub2 validator FlightCrew is a plugin and the latest version (0.9.1) should also be downloaded and installed.

I'm on MacOS 10.13.6 so on GitHub I chose the download FlightCrew_v0.9.1osx.zip The problem is that the plugin file in the osx folder is a Unix executable file, not a zip file, so of course it's grayed out when I try to add the plugin.

Will someone please tell me how to get the horse hooked up to the buggy. Don't mean to seem so dense, but I'm a nearly 80yo author that's trying to complete a book. Thank you kind souls in advance :-)
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #34
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@KevinH Do the following Safari instructions still work with the latest version?

How do I stop automatically unzipping downloaded zip files in Mac Safari?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #35
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes. Those work. It is the first thing I turn off when getting a new Mac desktop machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@KevinH Do the following Safari instructions still work with the latest version?

How do I stop automatically unzipping downloaded zip files in Mac Safari?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #36
klgc
klgc began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook and iPad
UPDATE:
Issue resolved by first unchecking "Open 'safe' files" in Safari preferences General tab, and downloading Flightcrew plugin again.

Much obliged kind folks :-)
klgc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flightcrew, install, plugin, setup, sigil