Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Changing Manufacturer from generic

I have Calibre installed and when I installed it I was not sure what ereader I was going to be using, so made the Manufacturer Generic. I am awaiting a Sony ereader. Can I leave it as Generic or should I change it to Sony?. If so how is this done as I can't see any way of changing. Any help appreciated.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:45 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can always re-run the Welcome Wizard (button at bottom right of Preferences screen).

For most purposes it does not matter what device is selected. Two things that can be affected by device selection are:
- Resolution of images in graphic content. It is normally optimised for the chosen device (but still works on others)
- Format of news items fetched by Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Thanks itimpi. Found and fixed. Still finding my around Calibre. Cheers.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote