Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
jefferson
jefferson began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy KUAL: your kindle is no longer a test kindle

Hi I have a problem with my dx jailbreak

I've got a white dx (D00801)on ebay
I installed jailbreak, kual (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326) and kindlepdfviewer
Kindle software is 2.5.8
the kindle was not bind to my amazon account (not registered)

Everything worked fine for one day
than kindlepdfviever crashed and after restart I couldn't start kual anymore:
"the permissions to open the requested title have an invalid date"

I tried do reinstall Mobileread Kindlet Kit and reapply jailbreak but it didn't help
and now when I try to start kual I get: "The device is not registered as a test kindle to run this title.." and an email fram amazon to kindle with: "your kindle is no longer a test kindle..."

I'm not sure if there is only a problem with kual or with whole jailbreak
I tried to install launchpad but didn't figure out how to use it

It's essential for me to run kindlepdfviewer - kindle is for reading pdf's
I would like to fix the problem somehow without much overhead. The only thing I can think of is update to firmware 3.2.1 wich I could download on torrent (I posses a kindle keyboard but it has software 3.4 and I didn't find out how I can use it to upgrade my dx). I think I'd rather prefer to keep 2.5.8 on dx
jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Fix the date/time on your device (either by leaving it w/ wireless on for a while, or using setdate (it expects an epoch argument [date +%s]) over SSH).
And possibly reinstall MKK once that's done.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
jefferson

thanks, works!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #4
jefferson

hmm .. the error occurs again and again
I reinstall mkk, start kual once, it works - after that I get "the device is not registered as test kindle .." again
Old 05-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The key part is mostly this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Fix the date/time on your device (either by leaving it w/ wireless on for a while, or using setdate (it expects an epoch argument [date +%s]) over SSH).
Advert
Old 05-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
The key part is mostly this:
Plus, as I recall, you will need to register your DX.

Not only is the DX "3g only", it also handles its "registration checks" differently (which affects our add-ins).

Switching to the Kindle-3/DX cross-breed firmware is not going to fix your problem.

Just register it, turn on 3G, and use it normally (once the date/time gets reset each time you use it).
Amazon is not going to be sending you any OTA updates for a DX.

If you have KUAL installed, it has a date/time button available, which could be used on the DX, but getting the network time from the cell system works just the same.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
jefferson

would the registration fix the problem that I need to reinstall mkk after each kindlepdfviewer/kual crash? bekause now it crashes often and each time I need to reapply mkk. I never had such problems with my kindle keyboard - it's registered, has version 3.4 and kindlepdfviewer doesn't crash much and if it crash everything works after reset.
I'm really disapointet with the dx now at the moment it's pretty useles as kindlepdfviewer crashes often after standby and I need to patch kindle again before I can read pdf's again
what will fix this problems most likely?
1. sell dx on ebay
2. register it
3. update to 3.2.1
4. use launchpad instead of kual
5. set default fallback date somewhere so it's after the mkk credentials date / change mkk credentials date
if there is some solution how to realize 5. please tell me
Old 05-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I can't speak about a DX, but I do have a K2 (which runs basically the exact same FW as the DX), it's registered, and I have zero issues related to MKK/Kindlets with it.

The only thing I'll say about the whole FW-3.x-on-DX is: don't. IMHO, it's much more trouble than it's worth. (Then again, that's from the POV of a guy without a DX, and constantly dealing with the weird support cases that triggers ^^).
Old 05-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #9
jefferson

ok, i'll register
thx
Old 05-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #10
jefferson

registered and having the same issue again
Old 05-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #11
jefferson

is there any alternative to mkk?
Old 05-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Nope.

To recap: what exactly happens after a register + MKK Install + KUAL launch?
Old 05-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Nope.

To recap: what exactly happens after a register + MKK Install + KUAL launch?
I do have a DX, DXG and a few K2 devices,
I can try to duplicate the problem - if given enough details of what exactly the O.P. is doing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #14
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
Had this problem today with kindle 2 international, after my first 3G time setup. Reinstalling (uninstall and then install, total: 2 reboots) MKK Install helped.
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:20 PM   #15
kindlematch
kindlematch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G Keyboard 3.1
For future visitors to this page... I had this problem today with Kindle 3G on firmware 3.1. I needed to perform a restart through the kindle menu for KUAT to launch.
kindlematch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, kindle dx, kindlepdfviewer, kual