Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #61
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Is there anything out of the ordinary in info.log?
No.

Quote:
Can you open the Sort by: … menu? or the frontlight dialog?
Yes, both work.

Quote:
Can you toggle the frontlight by holding your finger on the frontlight icon?
Yes, I can.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:02 AM   #62
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Should I tread plato the same way as nickel in /usr/local/Kobo/udev/sd too?
You should. And more generally, you should let scripts write to /tmp/nickel-hardware-status when Plato is running.

By the way, if you're trying to prevent every write to the FIFO, you've missed one instance in /etc/udhcpc.d/default.script.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #63
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wanted to mention that mupdf's CSS engine supports @font-face, so you can change the default font via user.css, e.g.:
Code:
@font-face {
	font-family: Libertinus;
	src: url("/mnt/onboard/fonts/Libertinus Serif-Regular.otf");
}

@font-face {
	src: url("/mnt/onboard/fonts/Libertinus Serif-Bold.otf");
	font-weight: bold;
}

@font-face {
	src: url("/mnt/onboard/fonts/Libertinus Serif-Italic.otf");
	font-style: italic;
}

@font-face {
	src: url("/mnt/onboard/fonts/Libertinus Serif-BoldItalic.otf");
	font-weight: bold;
	font-style: italic;
}

body {
	text-align: justify;
}

Last edited by baskerville; 01-12-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #64
baskerville
Evangelist

To the moderators: could you replace " — " by ": " in this thread's title?
Old 01-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #65
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanon View Post
Finally, trying to open a larger epub file crashes Plato back to KSM.
I can now confirm that this has to do with mupdf's memory consumption.

Opening an 80 MiB ePUB within Nickel consumes 7 MiB of RAM.

mupdf on the other hand, consumes 272 MiB of RAM after opening the same ePUB!
Advert
Old 01-27-2018, 04:13 PM   #66
baskerville
Evangelist

I've just released 0.3.3.

This release fixes a few bugs and generates notifications for some of the commands/services.

The framebuffer rotation workaround was removed from the KSM launcher. I hope this will allow @tshering to write a wrapper for this script.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:46 PM   #67
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Just updated to 0.3.3 and run into the following issue (from crash.log):
Code:
Plato is running on a Kobo Glo HD.
The framebuffer resolution is 1072 by 1448.
error: cannot open icons/check_mark-small.svg: No such file or directory
thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Option::unwrap()` on a `None` value', /checkout/src/libcore/option.rs:335:20
note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
Aborted
After copying the icon from github, the error is just:
Code:
error: syntax error after attribute name
thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Option::unwrap()` on a `None` value', /checkout/src/libcore/option.rs:335:20
Aborted

Last edited by taos; 01-27-2018 at 07:56 PM.
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:28 AM   #68
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by taos View Post
Just updated to 0.3.3 and run into the following issue (from crash.log):
Code:
Plato is running on a Kobo Glo HD.
The framebuffer resolution is 1072 by 1448.
error: cannot open icons/check_mark-small.svg: No such file or directory
Aborted
Thanks, I forgot about this icon: it's used by the battery indicator.

I've updated the package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taos View Post
After copying the icon from github, the error is just:
Code:
error: syntax error after attribute name
Aborted
I can't reproduce.
This error comes from mupdf's XML parser.

Before you try the updated package, could you replace

Code:
./plato > info.log 2>&1 || mv info.log crash.log
by

Code:
RUST_BACKTRACE=1 ./plato > info.log 2>&1 || mv info.log crash.log
in plato.sh and repost the content of crash.log?
Old 01-28-2018, 07:35 AM   #69
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Before you try the updated package, could you replace

Code:
./plato > info.log 2>&1 || mv info.log crash.log
by

Code:
RUST_BACKTRACE=1 ./plato > info.log 2>&1 || mv info.log crash.log
in plato.sh and repost the content of crash.log?
Sorry, doesn't work. After trying to start plato like this, my reader gets unresponsive and I have to force a reboot (info.log is not moved to crash.log and doesn't include any backtrace).

I've wiped the plato directory and re-installed the updated package. Now, everything works fine again.

Last edited by taos; 01-28-2018 at 08:14 AM.
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:59 AM   #70
AlterusPrime
Enthusiast
AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo
First of all, thanks for the software, it feels really fast and nice.
I've got a problem on Kobo Glo (regular one, not HD) though - I'm completely unable to call the main menu, when I press the hamburger button nothing happens. All the other buttons, like frontlight, working great.

Also, as a non-important suggestion, I'd personally like to have a way to customize "Powered off" screen with our own pictures and/or book covers.

P.S. By default it doesn't support FB2 for some reason, but when included to settings.json - discovers and reads them just fine, but seems to not be able to recognize the author.

Last edited by AlterusPrime; 01-28-2018 at 08:00 AM. Reason: fb2 info
AlterusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:09 PM   #71
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterusPrime View Post
First of all, thanks for the software, it feels really fast and nice.
My pleasure.

Quote:
I've got a problem on Kobo Glo (regular one, not HD) though - I'm completely unable to call the main menu, when I press the hamburger button nothing happens. All the other buttons, like frontlight, working great.
This has already been reported by tshering and I will provide a custom build that write every event on standard output in order to better understand what might be happening (I think it might have to do with the jitter tolerance of the tap gesture).

Quote:
Also, as a non-important suggestion, I'd personally like to have a way to customize "Powered off" screen with our own pictures and/or book covers.
This will come.

Quote:
By default it doesn't support FB2 for some reason, but when included to settings.json - discovers and reads them just fine, but seems to not be able to recognize the author.
FB2 wasn't included in the default list of allowed kinds but will be in the next release.

Right now, the metadata import isn't done by Plato itself but by the importer which requires a certain amount of involvement to build. Now that the menu view is finished, I might create menus for retrieving metadata through Plato.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:31 PM   #72
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
On Kobo Glo, the menu (sandwich symbol) does not work.
I have attached a debug binary to this post, that print every event to standard output and has a relaxed tap jitter tolerance.

Please provide the content of info.log after having:
  • Tapped the main menu icon.
  • Tapped the Sort by: ... menu label.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-debug-0.3.3.zip (757.9 KB, 466 views)
Old 01-28-2018, 12:42 PM   #73
AlterusPrime
Enthusiast
AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Alright, here we go. What I've done was press "Sort by" first, then pressed again to close it. After that I've tapped main menu button twice and closed the program by holding power off button on my device.
Attached Files
File Type: txt info.log.txt (3.9 KB, 587 views)
Old 01-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #74
baskerville
Evangelist

Did the main menu showed up?

The first thing I'm noticing is that there's a discrepancy between the device resolution defined in device.rs and the actual framebuffer resolution.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #75
AlterusPrime
Enthusiast

No, the menu doesn't show up at all, but Sort By menu does.