Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Writting Blurbs

Saw this advice mentioned in a blog entry...

Quote:
Most blurbs or hook paragraphs have the following basic structure:

Character is in situation X, then Y happens, and the character must do Z.
And then a quick example...
Quote:
Write a one-line summary of your blurb, like this:

Tina is all set to go to University, but… [@#$@ happens] and she must overcome [all these obstacles] to fulfil her dream to study

Then fill out the specifics. Keep it short and simple. Avoid really long sentences and keep the language both direct and in line with the tone of the book.

Hey presto! You have a blurb. Show it to a couple of people and tweak wording according to comments.
src:https://booknotselling.wordpress.com...riting-blurbs/

Seems like really good advice, so I thought I would share it here....
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Thanks, very timely. I don't think I can put off writing the blurb for my second book much longer - not matter how much I want to.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert