Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #16
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by agravier View Post
Ha I shouldn't write that here? Ok, I'll keep my opinions for myself. I yet have to adapt to what "level of familiarity" is acceptable on this forum, I'm rather new. I'll learn eventually.

That's great, I'll use what you pasted here. Thank you, I could have thought of doing it myself.
I'll try to see if I can modify CleanLooks to be usable on 302 and upload what I get here if it's worth something.

U have the source of cleanlook ? Or any other source like from stamir ?
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #17
agravier
agravier began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, if I can find one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Google translate is our friend.

Pocketbook has one of the most extensive and active user bases. Lots of goodies out there...
...but mostly on russian sites.

It would probably be a full-time job (for an intern) at one of the resellers to track and translate for western use all the cool stuff that's out there. (And probably three full-time lawyers to verify the copyright status of some of it, which is probably not safe to even mention. )

So most of us 'round here just scavenge what we find and pass on the word when something particularly cool pops up. We all chip in, we all benefit one way or another.

It a lot like an old-fasioned pioneer barn-rainsing.
That sounds like a nice community, then
agravier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #18
agravier
agravier began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, if I can find one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
U have the source of cleanlook ? Or any other source like from stamir ?
I'm afraid I assumed all these themes were open-source, as I'm used to these kind of things... I'll look if they are
agravier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:05 AM   #19
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by agravier View Post
I'm afraid I assumed all these themes were open-source, as I'm used to these kind of things... I'll look if they are
In the themes thread there are Sherlock and Sheeps themes, with MANY interesting features and I have obtained sources from the author - Kosta for publication for Mobileread forum. He also gave us permission to use his sources for creating our own themes.

Kosta - the winner of the Theme creation competition at Russian speaking the-ebook.org sponsored by the PocketBook company has graciously provided all the sources, including Corel Draw drawings used for generation of bitmaps.

Sheeps and Sherlock only display books that are inside the Books directory. Both themes also have Journals and other directories. They also feature very interesting Library views. Just hold an OK button on any book in library and then choose View menu and you can get various views of your library. With big thumbnails or with *many* books / directories per page.

I think it should be relatively easy to edit those themes. I also love how the main menu is done with Sheps theme. I was thinking about combining my favourite features from Cleanlook with interesting features from Sheeps to create a CleanSheeps ;-) theme, but I am quite busy at the moment, and it turned to be more work than I anticipated.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, folder, library, pocketbook 302