Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #1
jlemonde
Enthusiast
jlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Clara HD
What alternative web browsers are available to install on Kobo?

I would really want to use a web application of mine on my Kobo, but it uses some recent Javascript which, despite of being nowadays supported by every web browser, are not supported on Kobo Nickel's.... Is it possible to launch Firefox or GNOME Epiphany from KSM ?
jlemonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:09 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I haven't heard of alternative webbrowsers.

I tried to run headless chrome -> screenshot -> display screenshot (for webapp that don't require interaction like a weather display) but didn't get anywhere with it either.

Kobo still runs on ancient 2.x kernel and recent apps refuse to cooperate with that anymore (modern glibc says kernel too old! and quits).

There are transpilers for JavaScript that make modern JavaScript work in old browsers, maybe try that first...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:11 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemonde View Post
Is it possible to launch Firefox or GNOME Epiphany from KSM ?
Or elinks or w3m in a terminal emulator. It would be most interesting.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote