Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 08:24 AM   #16
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I actually upgraded my ancient iPad Mini about a year ago, but I'll upgrade again if it's a significant speed bump and especially if there is more memory.
I will probably get an iPad mini, upgrade or not. Primarily for reading. How do you like the mini with iBooks, Marvin, MapleRead or some other?
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:55 AM   #17
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I'm too arthritic to be trying to solder stuff on a MB.
It does not require soldering. It is as easy as swapping out one disk from another.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
I will probably get an iPad mini, upgrade or not. Primarily for reading. How do you like the mini with iBooks, Marvin, MapleRead or some other?
I'm not pwalker8, but can say I do pretty much all of my reading on a Mini 4 now with MapleRead (using CC as a library) and like it a lot. Well worth the $275 I paid for it new on sale. I really don't know that an upgraded "Mini 5" would be any better than the 4 for reading, although it obviously might be for other tasks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:01 PM   #19
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm not pwalker8, but can say I do pretty much all of my reading on a Mini 4 now with MapleRead (using CC as a library) and like it a lot. Well worth the $275 I paid for it new on sale. I really don't know that an upgraded "Mini 5" would be any better than the 4 for reading, although it obviously might be for other tasks.
Thanks. If I could find one for 275 I would jump now.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:04 PM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. If I could find one for 275 I would jump now.
Best Buy's run that particular sale quite a few times, so you never know it might come up again.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:37 AM   #21
The Old Man
Fanatic

Quote:
Best Buy's run that particular sale quite a few times, so you never know it might come up again.
Thanks, I'll keep watching.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #22
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
I mostly use Marvin and like the mini a lot. I have read with books as well and it's fine. Just like Marvin more. I do most of my reading on the big iPad, but I use the mini for bedtime reading and lunch reading.

Marvin does a pretty good job of syncing between devices. Not perfect, but within a page or so.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #23
The Old Man
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I mostly use Marvin and like the mini a lot. I have read with books as well and it's fine. Just like Marvin more. I do most of my reading on the big iPad, but I use the mini for bedtime reading and lunch reading.

Marvin does a pretty good job of syncing between devices. Not perfect, but within a page or so.
Yes, I’ve tried them all. Keep coming back to iBooks although it, too, is not perfect. The PaperWhite is best except for images, color, and small screen. With the larger fonts that I now require I’m forever flipping pages.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #24
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Yes, I’ve tried them all. Keep coming back to iBooks although it, too, is not perfect. The PaperWhite is best except for images, color, and small screen. With the larger fonts that I now require I’m forever flipping pages.
It's whatever works best for you. I've starting playing with the Kobo Aura and like it a lot. Just wish there was some way to sync between the Aura and my iPad.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #25
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
It looks like Walmart currently has the 128 GB Mini on sale for $274.99.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-iPa...-Gray/46795987

Quote:
Thanks, I'll keep watching.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:23 PM   #26
The Old Man
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
It looks like Walmart currently has the 128 GB Mini on sale for $274.99.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-iPa...-Gray/46795987
Sounds like a great deal but when I go to Walmart on line, sign into my account, add the Mini iPad 4 to my cart it changes the price to $379.99 in the cart.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:28 PM   #27
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Deal's dead.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:48 PM   #28
The Old Man
Fanatic

Quote:
Deal's dead.
Naturally

I ordered the Amazon 8" Fire tablet with 32 gb plus charging stand for $114.98.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #29
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
That’s too bad. I suppose they raised the price when Apple failed to announce a new version.

Quote:
Deal's dead.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #30
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Naturally

I ordered the Amazon 8" Fire tablet with 32 gb plus charging stand for $114.98.
I have one of those, it's a very good tablet for the price.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote