Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 10:50 PM   #1
toushi
toushi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
Possible to disable page swipe?

Hi I have a Note Pro and I use it with the default reader and have changed the touch mode so I can turn pages by touching only the top left and top right of the screen. However the swipe to turn page gesture is still enabled on the default reader and I can’t figure out how to turn it off. I want to disable it so I can glide my fingers across it without it accidentally registering as a page turn. Not sure if anyone’s had this problem before. I do like the default reader but am not opposed to switching if I have to I suppose.
toushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
In NeoReader, go to Settings and then Global Settings. Then check the box beside the "Enable system status bar" option. That will allow the system status bar to always be shown when reading.

You can can then press on the hand in a circle icon to disable touch on the screen. That will enable you to use your finger on the screen without triggering a page turn.

When you want to turn the page, just press on the icon again, and then turn the page as you would normally.

This process works quite well for me. The only downside is that you lose a little bit of screen real estate to the system status bar being always present. However, that has not been an issue for me.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #3
toushi

Excellent, thanks for the tip I’ll try it out today. I dont mind the bar and will just use the pen for turns then.

I remember turning off touch from the system bar without going through the settings option in neoreader, but it didn’t work for Neoreader so I’m guessing it’s app specific or the system bar needs to be enabled for it to work, which is a bit odd.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:23 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toushi View Post
Excellent, thanks for the tip I’ll try it out today. I dont mind the bar and will just use the pen for turns then.
Does the pen work for page turns? Mine just draws a line on the open book if I attempt to use it in that way.

Instead, when I want to turn a page, I just use my finger to re-enable the touchscreen via the icon, turn the page, then disable the touchscreen again.

It sounds more cumbersome than it is. For me, it works quite smoothly. No effort at all.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:08 PM   #5
toushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Does the pen work for page turns? Mine just draws a line on the open book if I attempt to use it in that way.

Instead, when I want to turn a page, I just use my finger to re-enable the touchscreen via the icon, turn the page, then disable the touchscreen again.

It sounds more cumbersome than it is. For me, it works quite smoothly. No effort at all.
I just tested your method and it seems to be working now. Great thanks. Yes the pen works even after disabling touch for page turns. Under “Touch settings” i have touch model 6 enabled and just tap the top right with the pen to turn the page. Might save you a few taps.
Advert