Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-17-2019, 01:38 AM   #631
mjart
mjart began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis
I'm really glad you were able to get catalina to work, however, it has been a disaster for me. I will admit i am not computer savvy and understand about a quarter of what is said on this site, but I have spent the last week almost every day on the phone with apple support and have followed their directions to the tee, and ended up with a completely stripped computer with NO operating system and all my apps gone, most of which are not re-installable. The main problem I had with catalina was my apps would open but none of the tabs in the apps would, including calibre. So beware! I think the upgrade has quite a few bugs. I went back to mojave, and if I ever get my apps re-installed, things might work again. One can only hope!
mjart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #632
Pameliasue
Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-950, Kindle Paperwhite 3
I'm running macOS 10.14.5

I have been on Kindle 1.23.1 and have had everything running smoothly with Calibre 4.1 (and today's update of 4.2 worked too). I have Alf's 6.6.3 Calibre plugin working as well and have had no issues downloading KF8/AZW3 files with this set up.

I decided to see if I could get things working with Kindle 1.26.1 before attempting to update to Catalina and so far everything is working as it should. I ran chmod -x and am still downloading KF8/AZW3 files with the right-click download option.

However, I now get an error code every time I close/quit K4Mac. "Kindle quit unexpectedly." It has a long list under the Problem Details which is total Greek to me.

I decided to re-download 1.26.1 fresh from amazon's website and reinstalled 1.26.1 and am still get the same error code, though aside from this issue upon quitting the Kindle app things seem to be working.

Anyone else run into this? Did you figure out the issue?

I am hesitant to move forward with installing Catalina at this point.
Pameliasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #633
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis1 & Voyage, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pameliasue View Post
... I now get an error code every time I close/quit K4Mac. "Kindle quit unexpectedly." It has a long list under the Problem Details which is total Greek to me.
Unfortunately, that is a result of using chmod -x to get KF8/AZW3 on 1.26.x (and 1.25.x).

Running chmod +x (to reverse the chmod -x command) makes the error go away, but then you end up with KFX that Alf can't handle.

So it's a choice between getting Alf-friendly KF8/AZW3 and crashing every time you quit, or sticking with 1.23.1 and Mojave or earlier.

I don't know if there are any long-term bad effects from crashing every time you quit. I agree it's unsettling.

Last edited by odamizu; Yesterday at 08:34 PM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:34 PM   #634
Pameliasue
Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-950, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Thank you for the quick reply odamizu! Glad to know it wasn't just my issue but common to other Mac users.

I went ahead and reverted back to K4Mac 1.23.1
I prefer to have everything working smoothly.
Pameliasue is offline   Reply With Quote