Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 09:18 PM   #241
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawka View Post
Hello All,

Is there a way to change background color of that white frame from the attached picture?

I don't know what is the proper name of that element, but it seems that in HTML it's called the "aside tag".

Here's that element's code taken from the ebook editor:

I tried to change it using a user stylesheet, but something as simple as:

just doesn't work...
I think the aside tag is only supported by epub3. I don't know what an epub 2 would do with it. But, you are probably changing the wrong class. The aside wraps around a div. The div has the class "sidebar". That is probably what is setting the white background.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:19 PM   #242
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Code:
.sidebar { background-color: yellow !important }
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:35 AM   #243
sawka
sawka began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes, @davidfor, you were right about that sidebar class. My CSS level is even below a noob...

And thank you @kovidgoyal for delivering a working solution! But first of all that you for creating that outstanding piece of software!
sawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:43 AM   #244
darklenre
darklenre began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello guys, is there a way to implement syntax highlighting via themes, i mean things like quotes or dialogues.

ex.: And Case said - I believe you. -

Can we make the text between hyphens another color/style?
darklenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #245
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralob View Post
My personal CSS style is extremely basic, but it does exactly what I want- proper indentation for all paragraphs, adequate spacing between lines, background color that is easy on the eyes, and centered headings. Very basic but it does its job.

body {color:rgb(0,0,0);
background-color:rgb(174,174,174);
text-align:justify;
line-spacing:1.8;
margin-top:0px;
margin-bottom:4px;
margin-right:50px;
margin-left:50px;
text-indent:3em;}
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6
{color:black;
text-align:center;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:bold;}
Thanks, using this verbatim.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:03 AM   #246
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Viewer 4.10

With the viewer changed to version 4+ my css for the viewer and the background changed. I now use the below CSS and the attached background. In landscape mode, 2 pages per screen for reading on my computer.

I use the sections in the viewer preferences to set margins, colors, fonts etc. Since I do set a margin in preferences, I set my color scheme to #dbcba7 and set my background image fade to about 10-30%.

Code:
P {
margin-left: 1.25em !important;
margin-right: 1.15em !important;
}
If the book I pull up to read has all the paragraphs spaced using div tags vice p tags then I would simply change the code to

Code:
div {
}
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bigback-2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	174105  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; Yesterday at 11:02 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:33 AM   #247
michailbachtin
Enthusiast
michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Sony PSR-1
Any way to remove spaces between paragraphs?

Thanks for your post. Question:
Is there any way to remove spaces between paragraphs (which Calibre news downloads always have)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Viewer 4.10

With the viewer changed to version 4+ my css for the viewer and the background changed. I now use the below CSS and the attached background. In landscape mode, 2 pages per screen for reading on my computer.

The body css is to move the text slightly off the top of the page so the fonts don't touch the top. Moving much further will start to move text off the bottom of the screen. If you don't use a background image then leave the body out of your css and use the sections in the viewer preferences to set margins, colors, fonts etc.

Code:
P {
}
body {
margin-top: 0.15em !important;
}
If the book I pull up to read has all the paragraphs spaced using div tags vice p tags then I would simply change the code to

Code:
div {
}
body {
margin-top: 0.15em !important;
}
michailbachtin is offline   Reply With Quote