Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 10:42 PM   #226
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Thanks, BR!

I did the same and am now able to add the icon.
Now I just have to figure out how to use it. LOL
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:07 AM   #227
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Don't look at me, CALM is way above my pay grade, I can just about manage DSR

Take care BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:13 PM   #228
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do NOT use old, deprecated versions of CALM with Calibre 4.6+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
Just to see what would happen I installed Calibre 64bit 4.19 on my computer and I still don't see the icon and I still get the message that I need to restart Calibre before I can configure CALM when I go to Preferences=>Plugins

Added: And yes, I made sure to install CALM as well.
As I stated in a previous post, CALM does NOT use Preferences=>Plugins for configuration, so going there for CALM is fruitless. CALM's main window is where configuration is done. The CALM icon is the only way to open CALM.

The icon in Calibre 4.19 is shown in the attached image. Ensure you are adding it to the main toolbar in Calibre via Preferences > Toolbar. There are many places to add icons; pick the correct one.

I did not expect CALM to ever be used on Calibre Portable because of computer resource issues, so if you have any issues, try installing Portable on your hard drive instead of on a USB stick. It still may not work, in which case use Calibre64.

Do NOT use old, deprecated versions of CALM with Calibre 4.6+. You may corrupt a database or have other errors that you may not even see until something else bad happens. If you do, you have voided the warranty and your CALM environment is unsupported. Don't do it.

Always use the very latest version of CALM available for Calibre 4.6+.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-25 11_59_34-calibre - Preferences - Toolbars & menus.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	180189  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:58 PM   #229
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DaltonST - my tests were with Portable installed on an internal disk drive.

The old CALM installs in Portable 4.19 to the extent that it's icon can be put in the toolbar, and when clicked it gets the pop-up as shown in my screen shot.

The current CALM installs in Portable 4.19, but its icon cannot be put in the toolbar, because its not present in the left column list.

Just had an early morning inspiration. I installed 32 bit calibre (i.e. non portable), and then installed the latest CALM - I get the same result as I got in Portable (which is 32 bit). See attached screen shots

So it's a 32bit issue NOT a Portable issue. It's OK in 64bit installed, as BookJunkieLI found, but its not OK in 32bit - installed or portable. Very weird - cannot recall anything similar.

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Annotation 2020-06-26 074656.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	180193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-06-26 074821.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	180194  

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-26-2020 at 05:07 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #230
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See my next post.

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-26-2020 at 02:10 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #231
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.36 Regression Error caused by Version 2.0.35

Version 2.0.36 -2020-06-26 Regression Error caused by Version 2.0.35 updating of Derive Genres causing 'CALM Icon in ToolBar' for Portable/32bit Windows bug: fixed.

The bug expressed itself during Calibre startup for Portable Calibre, but not for Calibre64.

DaltonST
Old 06-28-2020, 03:41 PM   #232
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Thanks, Dalton. With the updated version of CALM I have access to the toolbar icon on both Calibre 64bit 4.19 and Calibre Portable 4.12. Both are running directly on my laptop harddrive. If I see any difference when I get around to porting it to my 1TB external hard drive I'll let you know but I don't expect I will.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:53 AM   #233
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.37 -Qt tweaks for small displays

Version 2.0.37 -2020-08-06 Qt tweaks for small displays.

DaltonST
Old 10-04-2020, 07:33 PM   #234
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Hello DaltonST,

I'm lost on how to use the metadata tool because I cannot click it.

I'm running the portable version of calibre v5.0.1 and CALM v2.0.37. I have successfully run the Execute [Consolidate Selected Libraries] and it created a list of all the books from my 2 libraries (see log below). I would like to try using the metadata tools to see how it works. but I cannot even click the Metadata Tools tab. I can click all the tabs except for the Metadata Tools. What could be my mistake on using CALM?

Thank you!

Quote:
Starting job: CALM Consolidation
Starting CALM Consolidation
CALM DB: W:/CALM/metadata.db
Mon Oct 5 07:31:02 2020
Python: Windows CPython 3.8.5
SQLite Version: 3033000 [APSW]
PRAGMA main.locking_mode = EXCLUSIVE;

Beginning 'Consolidate All Library Metadata'
══════════════════════════════════════════════════ ══════════════════════════════════════════════════ ═════════════════════════════════════════════

Number of books for this Source Library found in Target Library: 435
ERROR: Source Already Has Books in This Target Library. Ignoring: W:/Books/Art/metadata.db
Library SQLite memory usage (in bytes) -- Currently: 2,312,976 Job Maximum: 12,768,600

----------------------------------------

Number of books for this Source Library found in Target Library: 8
ERROR: Source Already Has Books in This Target Library. Ignoring: W:/Books/Language/metadata.db
Library SQLite memory usage (in bytes) -- Currently: 2,540,344 Job Maximum: 12,768,600

----------------------------------------

══════════════════════════════════════════════════ ══════════════════════════════════════════════════ ═════════════════════════════════════════════

Library SQLite memory usage (in bytes) -- Currently: 1,882,016 Job Maximum: 12,768,600

Defragmenting & Compressing the Special CALM metadata.db file.

Removing Empty Subdirectories (Automatically Created by Calibre) from the Target Library.

You may now 'Quick Switch' from the current Calibre Library to W:/CALM in order to view the consolidated metadata.

Job complete: Mon Oct 5 07:31:03 2020
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #235
DaltonST
Deviser

Target Library Instructions

Your mistake is not having read all of the embedded instructions within the CALM plugin window under the Target Library Tab within "Target Library Instructions", especially step #15, as well as the FAQ Tab. Ditto for the job logs.

The job log you posted also tells you the answer to your question in the sentence just before "Job complete: Mon Oct 5 07:31:03 2020" at the very end of the log.

DaltonST
Old 10-05-2020, 06:11 PM   #236
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

Thank you DaltonST, Switching to the folder "CALM" fixed it.

I did not utilized the mouse to switch to the folder CALM, I use the keyboard instead. I typed w:/calm and it opened up the calm library.

I think this is a bug. The Metadata Tool Tab is not clickable when you are in "calm" library but works when your in "CALM" library. Even though they show the same content.

Metadata Tool Tab is not clickable
Steps to recreate this
1. Go to Switch/create library
2. Type w:/calm or the location of your calm library
3. It will open to calibre - ||calm||

It could be a letter case bug?

Thank you for the help!
Old 10-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #237
DaltonST
Deviser

\CALM, Never \Calm or \calm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiadesc View Post
Thank you DaltonST, Switching to the folder "CALM" fixed it.

I did not utilized the mouse to switch to the folder CALM, I use the keyboard instead. I typed w:/calm and it opened up the calm library.

I think this is a bug. The Metadata Tool Tab is not clickable when you are in "calm" library but works when your in "CALM" library. Even though they show the same content.

Metadata Tool Tab is not clickable
Steps to recreate this
1. Go to Switch/create library
2. Type w:/calm or the location of your calm library
3. It will open to calibre - ||calm||

It could be a letter case bug?

Thank you for the help!
No. Not a bug in CALM. Nowhere in CALM does it ever refer to "Calm" or "calm". The path to the CALM Target Library is always \CALM\, and nothing else. Ever.

Look at your job log you posted. It says \CALM, not \calm.
Code:
Starting job: CALM Consolidation 
Starting CALM Consolidation 
CALM DB: W:/CALM/metadata.db 
Mon Oct  5 07:31:02 2020 
Python: Windows   CPython   3.8.5 
SQLite Version: 3033000    [APSW]
Calibre (the GUI) itself is compensating for your spelling error. You got lucky that it figured out what you meant. It forgave your error. CALM (the plugin) would not have allowed your error.

The Target Library is \CALM, not \calm. Always.

See the attached image, which shows that the Target Library name is always \CALM.

You may have multiple CALM Target Libraries, as long as they have different parent directories. CALM (the plugin) checks for that before creating a \CALM Target Library.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CALM_not_calm.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	182509  
Old 10-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #238
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

Thanks DaltonST
Old 12-15-2020, 11:53 PM   #239
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi there!

I have tried for a long time to get CALM to work with my libraries. I have managed to get every column to be IDENTICAL within the libraries (I used the Job Spy to list them). However, after much back and forth, erasing and restarting, there are two libraries that just won't consolidate.

This is the error

Attaching to New Source Library: C:/Users/Robin/Main Calibre/1.GR Empty/metadata.db
Consolidating Source Standard Metadata: Tue Dec 15 20:45:37 2020
Job: "CALM Consolidation" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_consolidation", line 100, in main_calm_consolidation
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_consolidation", line 203, in CALM_Control
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_consolidation", line 387, in source_control
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_consolidation", line 453, in source_copy_control
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_consolidation", line 1047, in add_source_identifiers
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'str'

It is the same error for both libraries.

I have a lot of libraries and got tired of the plugin failing before consolidating them all, so I just worked in batches and made sure which libraries will work before going back and redoing the ones that won't.

So, any suggestions?

I am running the most current version of Calibre and the Plugin, and it seems to work on all my other libraries, but these two.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:58 PM   #240
DaltonST
Deviser

Python 2 to 3 conversion error. Easy fix. Tomorrow.

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags