Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #61
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
But your post was a non sequitur response to a correct answer to the one line question Which store sells kepub?
The kobo store
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #62
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
The kobo store
I now feel required to not read any of the previous posts for context and tiresomely point out that you can get ePubs from the Kobo store. I think the rules of this thread stipulate that statement must follow any mention of kepubs and Kobo.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:08 AM   #63
Butterfly1234
Enthusiast
Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can remove the DRM from Kindle eBooks using the DeDRM plugin for Calibre. I didn't have to pay for it.

Companies like epubsoft steal the code from the DeDRM plugin and write their own GUI around it and get suckers to pay for it. And their nook DRM removal program will not work as it requires nook for PC to actually work.
Hello JSWolf,

I installed Calibre in November last year, so I could convert my Amazon-books to epub-format.
I had never heard of it before.
I installed some plug-in, but now I see that I still haven't installed a lot of plug-ins. And I don't even see a de-DRM plugin in the list of plug-ins that I haven't installed yet.
I had never heard of plug-ins before and had I known there was something called a de-DRM plugin, I never would have bought epubsoft, being the "sucker" that I am.
Honestly, if I look at some of the things that are written on this forum, looks so "technical" to me, that it could have well been written in Chinese. I

Can you tell me where I can find this de-DRM plug-in for Calibre, please? That would save me a lot of work.
Butterfly1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:17 AM   #64
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Search on the internet for:
Apprentice Alf

He'll be awesome when he 'walks the tables'.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:27 AM   #65
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I now feel required to not read any of the previous posts for context and tiresomely point out that you can get ePubs from the Kobo store. I think the rules of this thread stipulate that statement must follow any mention of kepubs and Kobo.
Yup, Kobo is the main store I buy books from. The books get downloaded as epubs to my download folder on my pc, the non-drm get uploaded directly to Calibre for conversion. If infected I have to open them with my Sony reader software, then find the book where it gets dumped, then have Calibre upload it to disinfect it so that I can convert it as another epub & Mobi.

I am then able to delete the copy from my download folder. I don't own either a Kindle or Kobo, and once converted they get manually transferred to my main phone, and the phones I have as backup as readers and mp3 players, as well as my Samsung tablet.

If online books stores want people to buy their books, it is in their best interest to allow people download in whatever format suits the hardware that they have. That's why I would never get a B&N reader or books.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #66
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Apprentice Alf

He'll be awesome when he 'walks the tables'.

I hope he makes 'master' some day.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #67
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly1234 View Post
Can you tell me where I can find this de-DRM plug-in for Calibre, please? That would save me a lot of work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Apprentice Alf
So far as I know, we can link to the Apprentice Alf blog.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #68
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
If online books stores want people to buy their books, it is in their best interest to allow people download in whatever format suits the hardware that they have. That's why I would never get a B&N reader or books.
I like my Nooks quite a bit.

The benefit of being able to remove DRM and convert books is that you can use whatever device suits you, even a B&N Nook.