Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #16
brendanl79
brendanl79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage x2, Onyx BOOX Note 3
I got a similar error the first time I clicked Preferences - I had just installed .90 and had not changed the UI at all from whatever I had set up under .51.

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'timestamp'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 2225, in do_config
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\config\__init__.py", line 373, in __init__
KeyError: u'timestamp'

But the fix is the same : shut down calibre, delete the "column map" section from gui.py, restart calibre, preferences works again.

Windows Vista/7 folks: your 'calibre configuration' directory is in c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\calibre. Hope that saves some of you some time!
brendanl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #17
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Lots of useful stuff in there. Very impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
[*]dates
Is there a way to set a user defined column to Year only? If so I'd be happy to help with beta testing.

I am now using Published column for original publication year but really don't like having to put in a month as well.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #18
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanl79 View Post
I got a similar error the first time I clicked Preferences - I had just installed .90 and had not changed the UI at all from whatever I had set up under .51.
Future testers can avoid this problem by using your current version of Calibre to set all columns to visible before trying the beta.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #19
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
Is there a way to set a user defined column to Year only? If so I'd be happy to help with beta testing.
No. Custom date columns use all of year, month, and day.

Feel free to create an enhancement request ticket.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #20
catz2
catz2 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Hi,

any chance someone could give me detailed instructions on how to download the beta? I would love to do some testing as I really want the customisable columns feature.. But I can't find a link to the beta.

Catz
catz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #21
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Quote:
No. Custom date columns use all of year, month, and day.

Feel free to create an enhancement request ticket.
Fair do. I'll get that logged.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #22
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catz2 View Post
Hi,

any chance someone could give me detailed instructions on how to download the beta? I would love to do some testing as I really want the customisable columns feature.. But I can't find a link to the beta.

Catz
The links for both source and binaries are at the end of the first post in this thread. I assume that they are deliberately at the end of that psot to encourage you to read through it before trying the beta.

Last edited by itimpi; 05-07-2010 at 09:01 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #23
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by catz2 View Post
It's in the first post:
Quote:
Source is available at http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/calibre/custom-cols/. This branch will be kept up-to-date until the features are integrated with the standard release.

Binaries are available at http://calibre-ebook.com/downloads/betas/. It isn’t clear how often new beta binary releases will be made, or indeed if more releases will be made. The answer depends on how well the beta goes.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #24
ccayer
ccayer is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Axim X50v, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Workaround: Don't hide any of the standard columns. If you already have done so (and I hope that you have), then stop calibre, edit gui.py in your calibre configuration directory and remove the 4 lines beginning with
Code:

# column map
# Columns to be displayed in the book list
column_map = cPickle.loads(

Restart calibre, and preferences should again be available.
That worked perfectly. I did hide one of the default columns in 0.6.51, before switching over to 0.6.90.
ccayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

@chaley: Excellent work!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #26
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
I had to give all the warnings, because s**t happens. However, I have been running with the new stuff including news feeds for a few weeks without trouble,
I was merely thinking about the fact that the automatic news feeds will increment the book id number, and store the resulting news EPUB in the directory for the calibre author in the library. Then if you switch back to an older version using the same library, the un-incremented book id number of the older version will be used for each news feed, and the corresponding news EPUB will be stored in the same news directory.

There might be overlaps in name/number and/or some orphan news EPUBs may end up in that directory if both versions are creating books there as you switch between them. I just turned off the automatic news feeds in the old version.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #27
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think I like the new GUI and the ability to hide the comments pane.
I think the jury is still out on the button bar change on the viewer:/
I tried to put the bar on the right and it got real wide (because of the Slider)
My other choice is the bottom (works). I dislike moving the mouse over what I am reading (or having the pointer there), which is why I prefer bottom or Right.

How about splitting the slider and search box into a separate bar, allowing choices of docking position (and please have it remember where I put it between Viewer uses).
(rather than x.y locations when docked, right,left,top, bottom so resizing the window does not mess up docked positioning)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There weren't any changes to the viewer in 0.6.90. Movable toolbars were present in the 0.6.x series already.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #29
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I report a very minor bug.

Installation under Linux - without any problem using steps described in third post.

I started the Calibre for the first time. There is text next to the big heart saying calibre: 0.6.90 from Kovid Goyal
and yet, the first thing it does it tells me that there is newer version available - 0.6.51
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes the update algorithm doesn't actually check if the current version number is higher than the latest release number. This is because betas are not that common in calibre land and I want to retain the flexibility of being able to change the versioning scheme in the future.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote