Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-30-2019, 11:29 PM   #31
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
We should be thankful that Amazon hasn't started doing this.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:16 AM   #32
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Wait, there's more! Fifteen (15) titles are on the free downloads page.
How are we supposed to know when the free titles change?

I have some bookmark folders that you'll probably think are strange. Like, "CHECK THESE EVERY THURSDAY," "CHECK THESE OCCASIONALLY." I wish that I knew the frequency that Delphi changes the titles that are free. I would put the webpage in a bookmark folder.

Problem is, I never get around to checking any of those folders. There aren't enough hours in a day, and I have other things that have to take priority.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-03-2019 at 03:27 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #33
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
But Wait!!

I already have these!

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #34
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Books a Million just sent me a sales pitch titled "A Top Pick from Our Experts Just for You" - an advertisement for a dual biography of two Alabama football coaches. I am not a sports fan and have never purchased any sports-related books from them. Obviously this email must have been sent to all their customers, so why don't they just leave off the "Just for You" from the email? It just makes them look stupid.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:42 AM   #35
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
<snip>
In the meantime, can I interest you in a two-story house located on some prime real estate? Comes with a sheltered parking garage at no extra cost. This is a limited-time offer, so act now!
<snip>
I'll take it! The price doesn't matter!

You will take an IOU as payment, though, won't you?
Advert
Old 09-05-2019, 03:48 AM   #36
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

In all seriousness, if someone were to collect these lines, they might make a good-selling book out of it. Or At least a popular Wikipedia webpage.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:59 AM   #37
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Speaking of Delphi books, they look pretty on Delphi's website. Betcha if a person collected all of the paper-based ones together, and put them on a prominent bookshelf in their house, visitors might think that they are intelligent and educated, despite all appearances to the contrary.

I think that I might buy the set.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:35 AM   #38
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Speaking of Delphi books, they look pretty on Delphi's website. Betcha if a person collected all of the paper-based ones together, and put them on a prominent bookshelf in their house, visitors might think that they are intelligent and educated, despite all appearances to the contrary.

I think that I might buy the set.

I already bought the paper set, because an email was sent only to me.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote