Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2019, 04:22 PM   #61
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I'm so tempted (because I'm a gadget hound), but decided to invest in an Oasis next year when I have some device available for trade-in. By then, I should know if I need 4g for the future or not, which would be my primary need to upgrade one device.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #62
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Getting the "out of stock" runaround despite placing an order for release-date delivery. 32GB LTE version.

They lost my 2017 Oasis and didn't get that one to me on release day, too. I'm pretty disappointed right now.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #63
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
Getting the "out of stock" runaround despite placing an order for release-date delivery. 32GB LTE version.

They lost my 2017 Oasis and didn't get that one to me on release day, too. I'm pretty disappointed right now.
I feel your pain... 32 GB WiFi here. I will survive the wait but it is disappointing.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:38 PM   #64
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
The mobileread kindle developers are requesting digits 9 - 12 in Oasis 3 serial numbers so that they can know the manufacture date.

(Last current post in the following thread)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...11#post3871011
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #65
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
It seems like placing an order for release day delivery is pretty meaningless. I just found out I should get mine by end of day - tomorrow. Disappointing.

They are only just putting it on 'Next Day - Air Saver' delivery - um, shouldn't they have done this yesterday?

Maybe they are having supply problems.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 05:54 PM   #66
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I explained to them how disappointed I was via chat and asked them to give me free removal of special offers in compensation. They did.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #67
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I explained to them how disappointed I was via chat and asked them to give me free removal of special offers in compensation. They did.
Genius!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #68
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerdaFit View Post
When did you pre-order?

I didn't order til July 14th and release date shipping wasn't an option. It still says arriving July 26th(Friday)...with these delays, now I'm concerned it will be pushed back and I'm leaving for vacation next week.
I ordered July 3rd. At that time, it still had delivery today as an option.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:12 PM   #69
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Just gotta say - that night mode is heaven on the eyes, especially reading at night!!!
cerem0ny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:13 PM   #70
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Thanks, that was pretty funny.
Hehe cheers. Though I gotta admit it wasn’t easy trying to get it on release day - decided to forego getting it from amazon as they shipped ON the release day rather than a day before it.
cerem0ny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:45 PM   #71
Kindleing
Groupie
Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Kobos
I ordered on June 25 and got the delay email earlier today, followed a few hours later by a shipping email. It was shipped from Addison, IL and UPS is supposed to deliver it tomorrow.

Wally
Kindleing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:14 AM   #72
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
I got the "wait 24-48 hours for an update email" schpiel. Disappointing as we have a fulfilment center in this metro area. I have this feeling that they're trying to drop ship from China and covering up bungling and losing the order somehow.

It still says "arriving today by 8PM" on the order status page. At 23:12, hours later.

The only people I've seen reporting getting one are apparently in the UK. How the heck did they bungle so badly that people both on this site and on Reddit are universally reporting lack of Kindle if they're in the US? Amazon's "first in first out" excuse, which I got word-for-word in the live chat, makes no sense. It was listed as available for release day delivery for at least a few days after I ordered.

It looks so lovely in review photos and the washed-out grey/blue of the Oasis 2 is pretty sad-looking in comparison. I was really looking forward to using it today.

I have no idea how the Verge, etc. actually got their hands on the things, considering how they're treating everybody else and how most of us do not have any ship date at all. No idea how anyone's gotten them to provide one -- I specifically asked and got weaselwords and no ship date.

Last edited by Buran; 07-25-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:18 AM   #73
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I ordered mine Sunday July 21. It's scheduled to be delivered July 31. I upgraded to the 32G with 3G. The trade-in and the 25% discount add up to about $162 off.

Last edited by BenG; 07-25-2019 at 12:21 AM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:27 AM   #74
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I'm so tempted (because I'm a gadget hound), but decided to invest in an Oasis next year when I have some device available for trade-in. By then, I should know if I need 4g for the future or not, which would be my primary need to upgrade one device.
I'm a bit tempted, too. I've got a jailbroken PW1 that I don't really use that I could trade in so that brings the 32GB WiFi, non-SO down to ~$200.

Caveat is if I can't jailbreak, the Oasis would most likely just be sitting in the drawer.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:35 AM   #75
Tokei
Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Could one of the owners of the new Oasis do me a big favor and check if it uses PWM (pulse width modulation) to dim the LEDs? No Kindle does, so I hope they didnt start now. I got burned with the Kobo Forma that introduced PWM. PWM dims the LEDs by rapidly switching them on and off (like a 1000 times a second). It can usually be checked by taking a video of the screen with the iphones slo-mo mode. With a proper camera you can also take a picture with very high shutter speeds. Brightness should not be 100% or 0% (cause no dimming). With PWM there should be a visible flicker. Without PWM the picture is fine. Not a scientific method but easy...

Would appreciate if someone could do that check Thanks!

Last edited by Tokei; 07-25-2019 at 01:37 AM.
Tokei is offline   Reply With Quote