Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 07-24-2019, 02:54 AM   #46
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
they knew people who bought mimas will not buy alita again( even have, will be very few), but will happy have firmware support
This.
New devices for new users.
New updates for old users.
Mimas just needs polishing and it's good to go. I got rid of paper on my job using notes but june update ruined it for me because notes crash often. And i miss backlight toggling via physical keys as on onyx
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:58 AM   #47
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
This.
New devices for new users.
New updates for old users.
Mimas just needs polishing and it's good to go. I got rid of paper on my job using notes but june update ruined it for me because notes crash often. And i miss backlight toggling via physical keys as on onyx
new mimas firmware is much stable, many new features will add more feature like email and clould..
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2019, 10:30 AM   #48
squiresque
Enthusiast
squiresque began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Alita
Alita ETA US amazon?

Does anyone know when or if Alita will arrive on Amazon US? (Apparently it's available now in China and Canada, and 8.19 in Spain) Thank you.
squiresque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:30 AM   #49
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiresque View Post
Does anyone know when or if Alita will arrive on Amazon US? (Apparently it's available now in China and Canada, and 8.19 in Spain) Thank you.
as far as i know, some reason--the alita not so fast in amazon US yet, you can buy from aliexpress only 5 days to US by DHL.

or you can buy from goodereader in CA
Old 08-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #50
bluesnews
Enthusiast
bluesnews began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiresque View Post
Can’t find it on amazon Canada. Can you share the link?
bluesnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2019, 02:58 AM   #51
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnews View Post
Can’t find it on amazon Canada. Can you share the link?
Goodereader store - https://goodereader.com/blog/product...likebook-alita
and not Amazon.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:49 AM   #52
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
What are the purchasing options in the EU ? Works out at about EU550 (including case and postage) from eReader-Store which just feels a bit too much for a cheap Chinese eReader brand especially when I got the Mars for 190. You also know that there will be a newer model anyway within 6 months making this one obsolete.

It looks great but just too expensive at the moment.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:45 AM   #53
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by azw409 View Post
What are the purchasing options in the EU ? Works out at about EU550 (including case and postage) from eReader-Store which just feels a bit too much for a cheap Chinese eReader brand especially when I got the Mars for 190. You also know that there will be a newer model anyway within 6 months making this one obsolete.

It looks great but just too expensive at the moment.
I bought it on Aliexpress (Spain option). It's EU438 (free shipping).

Even if there will be a new model I don't think it will have any groundbreaking new features. Mimas and Alita are supposedly running the same software and although I wouldn't buy Mimas it's still far from obsolete. So I thing it will take more than one generation of new devices to make it obsolete. I hope they are sill planing on that Android 8.0 upgrade from 6.0 that they where talking about before.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:08 AM   #54
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

I had an Onyx which was promised an upgrade to Android 5 when I bought it and it never arrived. These manufacturers tend to forget about older models when new ones come out and they come out very frequently.

Did you pay import duty from AliExpress ?
Old 08-12-2019, 04:32 AM   #55
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
I had an Onyx which was promised an upgrade to Android 5 when I bought it and it never arrived. These manufacturers tend to forget about older models when new ones come out and they come out very frequently.

where are you from? if you are from EU, then choose shipment from Spian should be no need to pay taxes.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:40 PM   #56
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Quote:

I haven't gotten it yet (I think they will start sending them out on 18th or after if you select Spain) so not 100% but I never needed to pay tax on Aliexpress if I selected EU warehouse location and I bought a lot of stuff so I don't see why I would now.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #57
azw409
Connoisseur

I ordered the same too £407, eReaderStore needs to sort out it's pricing or they'll get no sales. Looking forward to receiving it.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #58
Jamesvx
Jamesvx began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Alita
Has anyone worked out if you can lock the home button? I'd like to lock it sometimes to eliminate accidental presses.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Jamesvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #59
Lcaz
Lcaz began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesvx View Post
Has anyone worked out if you can lock the home button? I'd like to lock it sometimes to eliminate accidental presses.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
+1 on this one!
Lcaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:16 PM   #60
Hyperduel
Mr. Dork
Hyperduel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis Gen 1 + Gen 3, Fire 10 (2019), Likebook Alita + P78
For those who own one, how you like it so far?
Hyperduel is offline   Reply With Quote