Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
Prevol
Prevol began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO
Kobo touch 2.0 model N587 sd img

Hi,
I didn't find on the forum a thread about that.
I brick my Kobo touch 2.0 version N587 and I don't manage to reset it or to mount the sd card to update it. So if someone could send me the img of this version?
Thanks.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 06-21-2017, 04:37 AM   #3
swissboy
swissboy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi davidfor,

Can you please send me an img for my Kobo Touch 2.0 ?
Best regards

swissboy
Old 06-21-2017, 06:23 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:26 PM   #5
swissboy

Thanks davidfor !

I tried to install this img (after serial changed SN-N5875B2908365 with Hex Edit, decimal address 512), but the Kobo is still frozen. Charged 1 hour, reset with the small hole several times... nothing happens. Do you have an idea ?

Best Regards,
swissboy
Advert
Old 06-21-2017, 07:35 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The things I can think of:

- How did you write the image to the card?
- Did you make sure the card was installed properly?
- Does the power LED come on when you turn the device on?
- Try a factory reset.
- Try restoring the image without changing the serial number. That's just in case you made a mistake doing that.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:40 AM   #7
swissboy

Hi,

I wrote the image on F:\ (formated in FAT32) with Win32DiskImager, it creates 3 partitions (I tried with your serialnumber and mine). LED is red when power on, display frozen (power off or power on). Manual factory reset tried, no result
Old 06-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

What's actually on the screen? Is it showing any damage? And does the frontlight come one after turning the device on?
Old 06-27-2017, 05:44 AM   #9
swissboy

The screen shows the same as this :

There is no frontlight, red internal light turn on and off when I push the power button
Old 06-27-2017, 08:42 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I can't see anything wrong with the screen. But, as it is nearly all white, it is hard to see if there is any damage.

The power LED staying on is the concern. That should be on for a few seconds and then start flashing as the OS loads. Then it turns off when the squares are drawn on the screen. Just checked, it took about 5 seconds for the first part, then about 15 seconds flashing.

The only other suggestion I have is to try another card. If the current one has any problems, it would explain what is happening.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:08 AM   #11
Prevol

Hi, I'm still searching one img for the kobo touch 2.0 version N587 if someone has one.
Thank.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #12
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevol View Post
Hi, I'm still searching one img for the kobo touch 2.0 version N587 if someone has one.
Thank.
Didn't the image davidfor sent work properly? Or did you not look into your private mail?
Old 07-08-2017, 07:45 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Didn't the image davidfor sent work properly? Or did you not look into your private mail?
Unfortunately, what I had as my link to the Touch 2 image actually pointed to my Aura Edition 2 link. And I can't find the Touch 2 image file. I'm sure I had one. I did send the Glo HD link to someone trying to restore a Touch 2 a while ago, but I thought I had received an actual Touch 2 image since then.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:03 AM   #14
Prevol

Hi everybody, since the image of Davidfor is not the good one I'm still searching an image for the kobo touch 2.0. If anyone has this, it can be perfect for me. Thanks.

Anyway thank davidfor for the effort that you have done to solve my problem.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #15
Mr.Shortstop
Mr.Shortstop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch 2.0, All-New Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevol View Post
Hi everybody, since the image of Davidfor is not the good one I'm still searching an image for the kobo touch 2.0. If anyone has this, it can be perfect for me. Thanks.

Anyway thank davidfor for the effort that you have done to solve my problem.
Hi there,

I have Touch 2.0 N587.
I'm totally noob at Kobo's modification, but so far succeeded in upgrading my internal storage.

Do you still interested in my image?

Once I got the chance to upload the image i'll send you a link
Closed Thread