Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
TogTogTogTog
TogTogTogTog began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Metadata Download Plugins

Now I profusely apologise if this has already presented itself but I've been searching high and low after downloading Calibre today and I'm just wondering...

There is 3 Metadata Download Plugins that come with Calibre:
Google Books
Amazon
isbnDB (Requires registration)

Now what I'm asking is... has anyone created any other Metadata Download Plugins? I know its possible as some people have asked how to do the above. But I'm wondering if there is a list, depository, archive etc. of Plugins already created? Something to help get those many pesky rare books that I cannot get metadata for?

Some choice ones I've heard of after many hours of browsing would be...
Barnes and Noble
LibraryThing.com
http://www.archive.org/details/millionbooks
http://www.booklore.co.uk/
http://www.allreaders.com/

Asked to add:
https://www.smashwords.com/ (Used quite often on the free/cheap books section)
http://www.fictionwise.com/
http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/ (Took a quick glance most likely won't work with multiple differing formats.)

But after searching I'm still unable to discover any Plugins for these... Does anyone know of any of these having plugins? Or any plugins that would be handy for people to know about? I'll add them here when they roll in.

Sincerely;
Tog

Last edited by TogTogTogTog; 01-25-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Asked to add some more sites.
TogTogTogTog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont know of any other plugins (yet).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
TogTogTogTog
TogTogTogTog began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Kovid, I was just wondering... do you have a Meta Download Plugin Template I can have a whack at? Might try my hand at making some of my own
TogTogTogTog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:48 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure the plugins are part of the calibre source. Look at the files calibre/ebooks/metadata/fetch.py and calibre/ebooks/metadata/google_books.py for an example in the source code
Old 11-25-2018, 12:15 AM   #5
modnar_wylde
modnar_wylde began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there a more current template/examples to look into for attempting to develop a metadata download?

(I'd like to develop one for OneBookshelf (OBS))
modnar_wylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2018, 12:32 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

not sure what you mean by more current. The examples I listed are entiely current, still being used today.