Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
roughly how many firmware updates do each generation get?

I got a touch and I like it other than the responsiveness when trying to highlight text. I know people don't have info on when or if there will be an update dealing with this this, but I'm curious how many updates (roughly) earlier versions got?
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I don't think there's any rule - it depends on what the reported problems are, and how quickly Amazon wants to fix them.

I think the K1 had 2 updates. I think the K2 may have had 3, but I'm not sure. The K3 had 2 or 3, I think.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
thanks.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
jonthedit
Nameless Being

That's about right. I think the K4 may be different though, as its similar to an Android.