Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Is Whispernet down?

I'm getting zero bars and no downloading. I even did a soft re-set and nothing.

Just want to check to see if it's just me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nevermind. Full bars after 10 mins and everything is downloaded. That was very strange.
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I'm in a dead zone, so it could be down for days and I wouldn't know it.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
That is not very polite calling Texas a dead zone.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
maybe the tower was overloaded
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
That is not very polite calling Texas a dead zone.
Ah - but I'm not in Texas. I'm at a friend's house where we have never been able to get a decent cellular signal. To use my cell phone, I have to walk out to the sidewalk.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've got one room left. But you won't want it. It's a dead zone. It's like you don't even exist. You can't get your calls, your precious eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've got one room left. But you won't want it. It's a dead zone. It's like you don't even exist. You can't get your calls, your precious eBooks.
It's not a problem... I've go Veri.... er nevermind.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
In the ten months I've had mine, only twice did I have the problem of all the bars showing when ordering a book, but having to wait about 15 minutes for it to show up. It usually is almost instantly.

The last time was on a weekend, so thought that might have caused the problem if there were an unusual number of purchases all at once.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Ah - but I'm not in Texas. I'm at a friend's house where we have never been able to get a decent cellular signal. To use my cell phone, I have to walk out to the sidewalk.

Hee hee hee.......sounds like my next door neighbor, who actually works for At&T, yet has to go outside to use his cell. You'd think he'd understand the futility.......while we have Verizon and it works anywhere!! (At least in this area)
Its funny seeing him in 110 degree heat, sitting in his car, with engine and air running, talking on phone......or walking up and down the street.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I think I have my answer. This was the same evening I posted about Whispernet.

Quote:
A tipster sent this missive to our inbox last night: "no ones cellphones are working on the west side. i know for a fact att and sprint are down and have been for hours now." But the West Side wasn't the only part of town feeling cut off from the world; it seems AT&T had zero to minimal phone or network service from about 7 p.m. until at least 1:00 a.m. last night elsewhere in Los Angeles--we know this because our own beloved iPhone was of no use to us from the Valley to Glendale to Dodger Stadium and back to the Valley again. Luckily, it seems to be all systems go this morning. Did your AT&T (or Sprint, as our reader suggests) network disappear last night? Anyone know why this happened?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidale View Post
Thanks anyways
Voidale, are you having a problem with Whispernet as well? Mine has cleared up.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
Elsi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidale View Post
Thanks anyways
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Voidale, are you having a problem with Whispernet as well? Mine has cleared up.
Voidale posted in another thread that he/she is in the Czech Republic. I doubt there's a Whispernet there.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Voidale posted in another thread that he/she is in the Czech Republic. I doubt there's a Whispernet there.
Yeah, after I posted I noticed that voidale is posting all over the place and after reading a few of those posts I realized he/she doesn't have a Kindle.

Thanks for the follow-up Elsi.