Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
edlipson
edlipson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Reinstall Calibre Companion on Android not seeing books on SD

My books are on SD and CC was working fine. I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it after a series of other app upgrades. CC is reinstalled, pointing to the SD library. It shows the books, but they are grayed out. I can read the books if I open them from a file manager.

How do i get CC to see and open the books?
edlipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlipson View Post
My books are on SD and CC was working fine. I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it after a series of other app upgrades. CC is reinstalled, pointing to the SD library. It shows the books, but they are grayed out. I can read the books if I open them from a file manager.

How do i get CC to see and open the books?
You are saying that CC has greyed the books? In what CC view? I ask because I know of no place in CC where it greys missing books. I am willing to be surprised ...

To answer you question: you don't say but I assume you are running Android 5 or later. If my assumption is correct then all you need to do is use CC's Settings / Formats and folders to reselect the same folder containing the books. This allows CC to regain permission to access the books from Android's Storage Access Framework. CC lost that permission when you reinstalled it.

If my assumption is not correct then you need to give me more information. Best would be a CC debug log. Instructions are in this FAQ.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2017, 04:45 AM   #3
edlipson
edlipson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You are saying that CC has greyed the books? In what CC view? I ask because I know of no place in CC where it greys missing books. I am willing to be surprised ...

To answer you question: you don't say but I assume you are running Android 5 or later. If my assumption is correct then all you need to do is use CC's Settings / Formats and folders to reselect the same folder containing the books. This allows CC to regain permission to access the books from Android's Storage Access Framework. CC lost that permission when you reinstalled it.

If my assumption is not correct then you need to give me more information. Best would be a CC debug log. Instructions are in this FAQ.
The grayed out books were then I was trying to set the folder to the SD card again. I could see the content of the folder as gray names.

I re-synced with Calibre and re-imported the books. Looks like it just over-copied them as I only see one version of each.
edlipson is offline   Reply With Quote