Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #16
ReadBooks
ReadBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, KindleKeyboard, Sony T3
Calibre is on the computer, I send ebooks to ereaders using Calibre.

I have an issue with Sony T3 when using Calibre. I do not use the Sony program.

QUESTION: How should I disconnect the Sony T3 from the computer when using Calibre.

I cannot seem to get the Sony T3 ejected from the computer, so the screen on the Sony T3 does not show it is connected to the computer.

Out of habit with the Kindle and Nook, I always eject my ereaders and any micro cards from the computer. Ejecting does not seem to disconnect the Sony.

I also eject it from Caliber. It still does not disconnect.

When I unplug the USB the T3 after doing the two different ejects, I have problems with it.

When I plug the T3 back to the computer I get the message there is a problem with the micro USB card and the computer asks to fix it.

ETA: I am using Calibre Portable 1.29

With half my ebooks since I never figured out how to combine two different Calibre libraries.

Last edited by ReadBooks; 11-10-2014 at 10:26 AM.
ReadBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #17
ReadBooks
ReadBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, KindleKeyboard, Sony T3
Questions:
Is there a way not to have Calibre make collections on its own on the Sony?

I made a few collections, then when I sorted I found collections from original tags that were downloaded with the books.

I guess I need help with the Sony T3 to use it with Calibre and make collections
ReadBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadBooks View Post
QUESTION: How should I disconnect the Sony T3 from the computer when using Calibre.

I cannot seem to get the Sony T3 ejected from the computer, so the screen on the Sony T3 does not show it is connected to the computer.

Out of habit with the Kindle and Nook, I always eject my ereaders and any micro cards from the computer. Ejecting does not seem to disconnect the Sony.

I also eject it from Caliber. It still does not disconnect.
Someting is up with your computer, but it doesn't seem to be calibre. calibre uses the OS functions to eject a drive.

Quote:
When I unplug the USB the T3 after doing the two different ejects, I have problems with it.

When I plug the T3 back to the computer I get the message there is a problem with the micro USB card and the computer asks to fix it.
You can ignore that message (and you will have to, because good luck getting rid of it).
Every drive I own does that on Windows, thank to an MS-designed virus called the dirty bit.
It happens when a device is removed improperly, signifying it MIGHT have data corruption (depending on whether or not the disk cache was flushed first) and in my experience only gets cleared when you reformat the drive.

Quote:
ETA: I am using Calibre Portable 1.29

With half my ebooks since I never figured out how to combine two different Calibre libraries.
Select all books, right-click and use the Copy to Library function.

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-10-2014 at 11:19 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #19
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadBooks View Post
Questions:
Is there a way not to have Calibre make collections on its own on the Sony?

I made a few collections, then when I sorted I found collections from original tags that were downloaded with the books.

I guess I need help with the Sony T3 to use it with Calibre and make collections
On the main toolbar, right-click the dropdown by "Device" and choose "Configure this device".

You will get the configuration for the current device driver, in this case Sony, which has an option to name the metadata fields which should automatically be used to create collections.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Failure to eject may be a first warning of imminent SD failure.
I had a always was ejected card that always had the 'fix' error when inserting (and nothing usually found). All at once, while writing books: DEAD STOP. That card no longer works in any system

Another failure to eject (using the systems: eject) is something is still accessing the card. Write behind cache, Indexing, A/V scan, other device utility (Sony?), a blue moon
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #21
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Well, if it ejects all right (not the case here) I woudn't worry about the fix. Like I said, it is Microsoft's flagship pseudovirus. Windows is quick to write the dirty bit and chkdsk never removes it (for me? supposedly it should've) -- the only other way is by editing the actual partition with a hex editor and inside knowledge.

Otherwise
Old 09-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #22
jojosk
jojosk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-t1
Hi everybody!
The known issue appears to come up when trying to sync Calibre with T3 with text notes on it. The reader becomes stuck at the Opening book screen and is of no use since. My guess is that Calibre overwrites some files(or parts of) needed for the hard reset to work properly. It might have something to do with the obsolete Calibre T3 driver. Is there anybody able to provide an SD rescue package with the latest firmware? Rupor perhaps? I know few people who bricked their T3s this way. It's been the best beach reader I've tried and I really would love to use them a bit longer. Perhapes some donation could motivate someone to solve this...
jojosk is offline   Reply With Quote