Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Attribute 'align'

Since my other question was answered so quickly in another thread (Thanks Albert!) I thought I should open a new thread for my other problem.

The Sigil validator is complaining about my Section0001.xhtml file:

1) attribute 'align' is not declared for element 'h1'

and

2) attribute 'align' is not declared for element 'p'

Does this make sense to anybody? As always, thanks in advance!
daveconifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
I figured it out myself!

Instead of leaving it centered in the original document, I centered it using Sigil's centering button after I'd loaded the plain text. No errors!

Thanks. I'm sure I'll be back...
daveconifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveconifer View Post
Since my other question was answered so quickly in another thread (Thanks Albert!) I thought I should open a new thread for my other problem.

The Sigil validator is complaining about my Section0001.xhtml file:

1) attribute 'align' is not declared for element 'h1'

and

2) attribute 'align' is not declared for element 'p'

Does this make sense to anybody? As always, thanks in advance!
you just cant use a naked align in a tag. It should be preceded by style= (as you probably found from using the justification buttons in Sigil)

IMHO use a stylesheet entry (and class="whatever" where needed) if the styling is going to be use repeatedly, that way changing you mind is real easy
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
umarhameed
umarhameed began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I am having the same problem.

attribute 'align' is not declared for element 'p' (and others h1...)

It is even happening in the TOC which Sigil created

Theducks stated above, "IMHO use a stylesheet entry (and class="whatever" where needed)" not quiet sure what that means and how it may apply to my doc
umarhameed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by umarhameed View Post
I am having the same problem.

attribute 'align' is not declared for element 'p' (and others h1...)

It is even happening in the TOC which Sigil created
Sigil didn't create a TOC with "align" attributes. They had to be added later.

The solution is the same as above: get rid of all "align=" stuff from your tags. It's not valid. Convert them to inline styles or css. Highlight some text in Book View and then click one of Sigil's wysiwyg alignment buttons if you want to see an example of how it's properly done with inline styles.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert