Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
oivavoi
Enthusiast
oivavoi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
Index searchable by language?

Hi!

I'm reasonably new to mobileread, and just discovered this ebook collection - I am amazed! And thankful to all the uploaders

A question to the moderators: Is there a possibility to add language as search tool in the index? I see that there are some books in Norwegian, for example - it would be useful for me as a Norwegian to be able to see only the Norwegian books. I also intend to start reading more French, and would like to see only the French titles, etc.

If it's possible!

regards,
Oivavoi
oivavoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Oivavoi, it's not exactly what you're looking for but you can do it this way:

Go to the ePub books subforum -> Search this Forum -> Advanced Search
and type in "norwegian" or "french"

That will list all books in Norwegian or French. Of course, this only works if the uploader has mentioned the language in the title line, but almost all have done so.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
oivavoi
Enthusiast
oivavoi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Oivavoi, it's not exactly what you're looking for but you can do it this way:

Go to the ePub books subforum -> Search this Forum -> Advanced Search
and type in "norwegian" or "french"

That will list all books in Norwegian or French. Of course, this only works if the uploader has mentioned the language in the title line, but almost all have done so.
Thanks! Good tip. It worked really well for the Norwegian books, and reasonably well for the french books also.
oivavoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Some uploaders also add the language as a tag, and you can filter tags too.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote