Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: sony prs-650!
sony cover longevity

hey guys, i bought the official sony cover (love it) for my prs-600. But I have a tendency to fold the cover flap behind the reader while reading (ie, a full 360 degrees basically on that vinyl hinge, each time). Is that basically going to cause the vinyl hinge area to wear-out and tear very quickly? Should I not do that? Any experiences out there with this?
thanks
ebooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
I've been folding mine all the way back for eight months now with no noticeable signs of degradation.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJim View Post
I've been folding mine all the way back for eight months now with no noticeable signs of degradation.
cool, great to know that Thanks.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #4
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I did that with my 505 for a year and it worked. The 600s cover I've been using for 2 months now. Maybe it holds up for the same or more time, but actually, even if it looks more expensive than the 505s, it seems cheaper (just around the place where you bend the cover).
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:19 AM   #5
tofubean
Connoisseur
tofubean is on a distinguished road

Device: K3, iPad, PW
I'd been worrying about this too since i like to fold it behind the reader too. I feel much better after reading this.
tofubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
Nothing the handyman's secret weapon cant fix.
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I've been folding back the cover on my 505 for 2.5 years now and there is no sign of tearing or excessive wear that indicate it will soon fall apart. I use the 505 every day and often for several hours each day.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #8
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Now that sounds as if the 600s cover could at least last as long as I'll use my reader. 2.5 years is a word.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
ebooker
Banned

this has probably been covered elsewhere, but out of curiosity, does the prs-505 cover from sony also fit the prs-600?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Yes, but the 600 will stretch the clip a little bit. If you put the 600 into the 505 cover then leave it, you should not have any problems. If you remove the Reader frequently then the clip may eventually break as it needs to stretch each time.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
ebooker
Banned

k, thanks much! Really love the prs-600 btw. I like its feature-set more than the kindle. (It also happens to look nicer, imo).
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #12
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
I've never thought to fold the cover back on my 505 I just assumed it wasn't meant for that. Now I have to try...
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #13
Mike_73
Guru

Yeah, give it a try. I was concerned about that when I initially bought my first reader, but I tried out pretty soon as it can be held much easier/better/...
Old 04-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I have been folding mine since I have it which is more then two months. No signs of stress.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #15
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
I thought the Sony cover was too expensive so I got this deal at amazon. Soft leather cover with white sticthing and magnetic clasp, retractible USB cable, wrist strap, AC and Car adapter for $20. Great deal.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote