Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
brontus
Enthusiast
brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle Fire, Aldiko on LG Optimus Elite
Authorization problem

I just received my PRS-500 that I bought on ebay and went to authorize it in the ebook store through ebook library. But I got the error message:

There was a problem authorizing/de-authorizing your device. Please contact the eBook Store Customer Service to resolve this issue.

Error Code 3-013

I contacted customer service and they recommended a hard reset, which I did. Then I tried to authorize my reader and got the same error.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get it to work, or will I be spending some quality time with sony's hold music tommorrow?

ED
brontus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You might...potentially the previous owner did not deauthorize it. I'm not sure how to do that.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
brontus
Enthusiast
brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Thanks. I've been afraid that might be the case. I emailed the seller and am waiting to hear back. It would really suck to have to ship the thing across country to get it de-authorized and have it shipped back here.

ED
Old 02-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
If customer service said to reset it then this is not the problem. Also, I think you will get the message like "This device is already registered to another account...".

You need to call back Sony tech support... and tell them what you did. It is probably the PC and not the Sony.

I assume your PC is registered to your Sony account without problem?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
brontus
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I assume your PC is registered to your Sony account without problem?
Yes. I had that set up while I was waiting for the reader to arrive in the mail.

At least in the mean time, I have plenty of journal articles to read that I was able to transfer from the PC.

ED
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
brontus
Enthusiast

It was still authorized under the previous owner. I called Sony as soon as their customer support opened at 10 and was talking to a real person in about 30 seconds. They had the issue resolved and the reader was authorized within 10 minutes. I have to say, I'm impressed!

Too bad the 100 free classics promotion doesn't apply to used readers.

ED
Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontus View Post
It was still authorized under the previous owner. I called Sony as soon as their customer support opened at 10 and was talking to a real person in about 30 seconds. They had the issue resolved and the reader was authorized within 10 minutes. I have to say, I'm impressed!

ED
Fantastic news. And may I ask just what is wrong with OUR free classics?

Seriously, look under the 'ebooks' tab, hunt by author or books title. You'll find the formatting much better than that offered by Sony, I"m guessing.

Also, try www.feedbooks.com and

www.manybooks.net and

www.munseys.com for more free classics and sci fi.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
F
Seriously, look under the 'ebooks' tab, hunt by author or books title. You'll find the formatting much better than that offered by Sony, I"m guessing.
and they are DRM free!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontus View Post

ED
I'm suprised it doesn't, actually. But like others said above me, you can get them and more here. Glad you got it fixed so quickly, and I hope you love your new device
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
brontus
Enthusiast

Thanks. I knew there was a lot out there. (although I didn't realize quite this much!) It was more the disappointment of missing out on a good deal (a $199 value free! yay!)

Anyway, I love my reader. I had it outside this morning for the first time and wow. The screen is great under indoor light, but under outdoor light, it's simply amazing.

ED