Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #1486
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
I thought about doing that earlier (and should have), but now I can't even buy a gift card - for some reason I can't update my account with a different card... "We were unable to update your profile. Please try again."

Edited to add: Just tried again and it worked this time. Thanks for the reminder! I'll do this every time from now on.

Last edited by cghipp; 11-26-2012 at 06:36 PM.
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #1487
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Since Kobo doesn't accept Amex, I use Paypal that has the Amex as default payment option.

I understand Amex charges retailers a higher percentage than V/MC but is it less than Paypal's fees?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #1488
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
I thought about doing that earlier (and should have), but now I can't even buy a gift card - for some reason I can't update my account with a different card... "We were unable to update your profile. Please try again."

Edited to add: Just tried again and it worked this time. Thanks for the reminder! I'll do this every time from now on.
FYI for future reference - you don't need to update your profile to change cards - you can just put a different card during the checkout process.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #1489
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Since Kobo doesn't accept Amex, I use Paypal that has the Amex as default payment option.

I understand Amex charges retailers a higher percentage than V/MC but is it less than Paypal's fees?

I use PayPal at Kobo and Books on Board all the time. My Visa which is a Prepaid sometimes wont work there at all. I don't why this it is. Amazon takes it without problems.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #1490
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
After lots of email exchanges with Kobo support it seems that Paypal will no longer work since they localised their site for my region to show prices in my local currency. Since Paypal doesn't support ZAR as a payment currency the whole system falls flat.

This is just plain stupid. They should allow the user to select the currency they want to be displayed (I didn't have any issues when everything was in USD) or since Paypal is no longer a viable method of payment remove that option entirely.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #1491
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
After lots of email exchanges with Kobo support it seems that Paypal will no longer work since they localised their site for my region to show prices in my local currency. Since Paypal doesn't support ZAR as a payment currency the whole system falls flat.

This is just plain stupid. They should allow the user to select the currency they want to be displayed (I didn't have any issues when everything was in USD) or since Paypal is no longer a viable method of payment remove that option entirely.
How ridiculous!

You can change your address that is listed with your credit card to an address that has a currency that PayPal does support. You don't need to change your credit card details. The new address will tell Kobobooks.com what currency to show you. Then PayPal will work again. To create a valid address you can use http://www.fakenamegenerator.com.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #1492
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Get 30% off your next thrilling read!

Award winners, nominees, and more! This weekend only, pick up a great new read for less!

PROMO CODE: Nov30Save30
Hurry! Sale ends December 4, 2012

http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/SaleN...p-h-3fA-1.html
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #1493
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Currently it is possible to download books for free in The Netherlands as payments can not be fully completed but the library is updated with the purchased book. See here (Google Translate)

Seems Kobo doesn't tests its updates thoroughly (web and firmware)
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #1494
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Anak I reckon they'd catch up with someone who got them for 'free' somewhere along the line.

I wouldn't be dashing in to fill up my e trolley and think they were free - the system will still record it against the member somewhere, I'm sure.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #1495
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Anak I reckon they'd catch up with someone who got them for 'free' somewhere along the line.

I wouldn't be dashing in to fill up my e trolley and think they were free - the system will still record it against the member somewhere, I'm sure.
The "translation" is difficult to follow, but from what I gathered, the payment is authorized then fails to complete. So, there is a record of the financial transaction. It seems that the payment processor will catch up and the charges will eventually show up.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #1496
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
something wrong with "primo codes" in the UK?

I am really puzzled, I was trying to get some non agency books with promo codes, but there is no field for promo codes, only gift cards! If I try and enter the promo code, I get an error message
Anybody else having this problem, too? Any suggestions?

EDIT: I take it back, for some other books the field for the promo codes does show, so it must have been that those specific books I was looking at were not eligible.

Last edited by paola; 12-08-2012 at 04:56 AM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #1497
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Is the unlimited 40% off coupon still good or did that eventually come to an end?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #1498
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Is the unlimited 40% off coupon still good or did that eventually come to an end?
Worked for me (a lot - sigh!) yesterday - Dec 7
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #1499
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I've seen somewhere through a Google search that it was good until Jan 1st. I could use it today.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #1500
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
What is the promo code?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals