Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #16
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictoma View Post
I don't think that Kindle 3 is good for someone who lives in Canada.
Kindle is the only gadget that obliges you to buy only from their own store. ...snip....
...obliges...to buy...store?!?
WHA?

True, you can't get 'caffeine blues' through amazon in canada.
(I did find it in two minutes though using er, other methods.)
To say the kindle isn't good for canadians though...
all ereaders have certain limitations and speaking for myself- I've never found anything I couldn't buy at amazon (it's truly horrible for everything else. they will not ship electronics for example.)
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #17
Fayth
Zealot
Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS 350
My credit card charges fees for every transaction in non Canadian currency. Its sucks, I should probably just get a different one. Anyway, with that in mind, kindle was ruled out for me and I got a Sony PRS 350. Awesome reader.

Kindle looks really good and I can't imagine its more expensive through amazon, as long as you don't have a stupid credit card company.
Fayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #18
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
...obliges...to buy...store?!?
WHA?
What? Huh? I'm confused too.
I'm no real fan of the K3, but I've ALWAYS bought books from Amazon.com from Canada with no problems, including eBooks. No need for a U.S. address.
I figure that the Kindle for a Canadian is as good a choice as there is, perhaps the best choice if you can get everything you'll want solely on Amazon.

WE
Wordeater is offline   Reply With Quote